Home entertainment during the Corona-O-Rama

graham59
Posted
Posted

I bought one, but so far haven't used, as the ground is so dry and hard... few weeds to wack. 

Will remember the tip about the shoulder strap though.  :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

Got a shoulder strap to hang it from? That makes the job much easier.

Yes, I do, but my previous yard guys were all small and did all sorts of things to that strap.  I have been adjusting it and it is a bit better, but I need to sort it out properly.  I wish I had a picture of how it is supposed to work.

One reason my back gets sore is because the entire unit hangs to the side but the handles are centered over the shaft, which means my right arm is pulled to the right if I hold that right handle.  So I hold the shaft sometimes.  I was just looking at pictures and I see some now have offset handles, so the right handle stays close to the body.

Mine is something like this, where the handles are the same length and height on both sides.

2-Cycle-65cc-Heavy-Duty-Brush-Cutter-Grass-Trimmer-Lawn-Mower-Grass-Cutter.jpg

Here is one with an off-set.  I'm going to see if I can just slide mine over so it is not centered.  Even a few inches might make it more comfortable.

Gasoline-Heavy-Duty-Grass-Trimmer-Brush-Cutter-CG520-.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Whew.  Internet is back.

Where I live, there was an outage for about 6 hours.  My primary source of stress relief and distraction is the Internet.  When it is readily available I frequently put down the laptop and do other things, but it is always there.  If I have a question I can always ask Dr Google.  In the Philippines I had set up a back up power supply and a back up Internet connection.  That is not so easy to do here, with the lockdown.

So I am thankful I am locked down with Internet access or I might go nuttier than ever.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I do, but my previous yard guys were all small and did all sorts of things to that strap.  I have been adjusting it and it is a bit better, but I need to sort it out properly.  I wish I had a picture of how it is supposed to work.

One reason my back gets sore is because the entire unit hangs to the side but the handles are centered over the shaft, which means my right arm is pulled to the right if I hold that right handle.  So I hold the shaft sometimes.  I was just looking at pictures and I see some now have offset handles, so the right handle stays close to the body.

Mine is something like this, where the handles are the same length and height on both sides.

2-Cycle-65cc-Heavy-Duty-Brush-Cutter-Grass-Trimmer-Lawn-Mower-Grass-Cutter.jpg

Here is one with an off-set.  I'm going to see if I can just slide mine over so it is not centered.  Even a few inches might make it more comfortable.

Gasoline-Heavy-Duty-Grass-Trimmer-Brush-Cutter-CG520-.jpg

I had a lawn business for 30 years. Never had a weedwacker with the double handles. Always used the kind where one hand is always on the throttle built into the handle and the other hand holds a handle set toward the head. Such trimmers using .105 line in a double head were sufficient for any job. You may have more trimmer than you really need there. If you encounter something too thick for the .105 line, it's time to reach for the hand-powered nippers.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I had a lawn business for 30 years. Never had a weedwacker with the double handles. Always used the kind where one hand is always on the throttle built into the handle and the other hand holds a handle set toward the head. Such trimmers using .105 line in a double head were sufficient for any job. You may have more trimmer than you really need there. If you encounter something too thick for the .105 line, it's time to reach for the hand-powered nippers.

Yes, I agree.  I had a couple of good trimmers in the U.S. and they were the design you describe.  I never had a problem using them.

The one I have is what most Filipino yard guys use and in fact, the particular one I have is used by the crews trimming alongside the roads.  Very heavy duty.  I never planned on using it but I have no choice right now.  We have been looking for a yard guy and due to the lockdown we probably will not be able to get one for months.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

This year I am slowly working my way through 5 seasons (1957-1963)  of "Have Gun -  Will Travel" w/ Richard Boone.  Simpler times when right was right and wrong was wrong.  The youtube channel of 'will travel, have gun'  has the five seasons in order on a sidebar.

Pallidan... one of my favourites.... But Clint Eastwood movies are my first choice... "Go ahead... make my day!"

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Pallidan... one of my favourites.... But Clint Eastwood movies are my first choice... "Go ahead... make my day!"

I couldn't find Have Gun Will Travel on My Family Cinema.  John Wayne only had one new movie there, The Cowboys.  I'll look up Clint.  Actually, I probably have 100 old Westerns on a hard drive.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Lot's great old USA westerns, Old... thousands of them... Find and enjoy!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I couldn't find Have Gun Will Travel on My Family Cinema.

I watch it once in a while on MeTv channel.  Hmm I bet you don't get that there.  Shame.  Nice to be back in Canada Hee Hee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic