Alert - Great USD Money Transfer Deal!

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Disappointed so far.  Can't login on Chrome and they don't support MS Edge.

Your browser is not supported on this site. We recommend using Chrome or Safari or using the mobile app.

I searched Google Play and I don't find a Moneygram App.   On their website, it says "Get the app on the links below" and there are no links.

In Edge, under the message above, it had links to the app.  That took me to Google play and the app.  However, on my phone, I can't find the app in Google play.

I cannot help you much there.  I am using macbook but with the Firefox browser.  Also my iPhone 6.  After reading your post it got me thinking and I checked the apple app store and did download the free MoneyGram app without incident.  Maybe try Firefox .:tiphat:

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I searched Google Play and I don't find a Moneygram App.   On their website, it says "Get the app on the links below" and there are no links.

In Edge, under the message above, it had links to the app.  That took me to Google play and the app.  However, on my phone, I can't find the app in Google play.

I couldn't find the app on Google Play either.  Went to their website using Firefox Lite and found a link to the app.  I clicked on the link and it loaded Google Play which then said the app wasn't compatable with my device.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

I couldn't find the app on Google Play either.  Went to their website using Firefox Lite and found a link to the app.  I clicked on the link and it loaded Google Play which then said the app wasn't compatable with my device.  

I figured out the WHY on a few things.

I went to their website on my Android phone using Chrome.  I was able to login but the first thing that comes up is that I need to upload ID.  I chose passport but on the next page when I hit upload, nothing happens.

Like you, I also tried the link to the app.  I was told it is not allowed in this country.

I'm going nowhere fast.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Just to let you guys know, I did not use a proxy server if maybe you thought I did.

Joey G
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2020 at 12:24 AM, hk blues said:

But, if you have the transfer instantly available you won't be able to change your mind anyway.  

If you make it instantly available for cash pick up, you can change your mind anytime until the money is picked up. I've done it.

If you transfer it to another bank account I don't know if that reversible. 

Agree it's not as cheap... but I don't send large amounts. But like the fact I can send it and pick it up anywhere any time. Just my preference in certain situations.

• Thanks 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I figured out the WHY on a few things.

I went to their website on my Android phone using Chrome.  I was able to login but the first thing that comes up is that I need to upload ID.  I chose passport but on the next page when I hit upload, nothing happens.

Like you, I also tried the link to the app.  I was told it is not allowed in this country.

I'm going nowhere fast.

I used a free VPN, Thunder VPN and used it to connect to Google Play Store.  The VPN itself I don't trust,  just use it to access the US Google Play Store. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

I used a free VPN, Thunder VPN and used it to connect to Google Play Store.  The VPN itself I don't trust,  just use it to access the US Google Play Store. 

Yes, I was thinking that might be my next try!

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I was thinking that might be my next try!

Don, Have you had any luck yet?  My wife just requested we send some money to her mom in Negros.  I had been using Xoom to send them in the past for cash pickup since they have no bank account.  Decided to use MoneyGram this time.  Big difference using cash pick up over bank deposit even with MoneyGram.  To send p12,000 would save only $1. over Xoom.  If I were to send using MG they would have to go to a different location where they would not be known.  So for just $1. more I'll continue using Xoom for her mom.:tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Don, Have you had any luck yet?  My wife just requested we send some money to her mom in Negros.  I had been using Xoom to send them in the past for cash pickup since they have no bank account.  Decided to use MoneyGram this time.  Big difference using cash pick up over bank deposit even with MoneyGram.  To send p12,000 would save only $1. over Xoom.  If I were to send using MG they would have to go to a different location where they would not be known.  So for just $1. more I'll continue using Xoom for her mom.:tiphat:

Yes, the comparison was for bank to bank, and most have really high charges for cash pickup.  For some reason, in addition to a service charge, they often throw the good exchange rate out the window and have a really low one.

If we send to Philippines, we usually go to Palawan and just send pesos to pesos.  I think it only costs 50 pesos or so.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

If we send to Philippines, we usually go to Palawan and just send pesos to pesos.  I think it only costs 50 pesos or so.

We usually do also.  But here they lines at Palawan are hours long and it just is not worth standing that long.  Also sometimes in the past if we did not have enough pesos on hand it would require a trip to the bank,(lines) and then Palawan, which even in the best of times plan 15-30 minutes.But then again, like everything in life it boils down to timing.