Have you figured it out yet?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I've been taking a break these last 10 days to reflect and absorb.  In case you haven't figured all this out yet, everything about this so called pandemic stinks.  We previously argued about whether reported numbers are accurate, now we find out hospitals are listing Covid19 as the cause of death even when other causes are present.  News reporting mass hysteria and shortages at hospitals in the US, but citizen journalists filming empty waiting rooms and parking lots.  Bill Gates first hosting an event in October that was a response exercise to just this type of outbreak - what a coincidence - and then it happens that he also owns vaccine companies that are working so hard on a cure.

The real obvious tell, however, is the outright war going on to downplay hydroxychloraquine.  We can see its astonishing effectiveness from those doing the testing, and at the same time all the calls for caution from the people who are committed to the vaccinating of the human race, such as the WHO.  And good old Bill, who has only your best health on his mind, will be happy to develop a quantum dot tattoo for ya, which can be used as a digital health ID of sorts.  Ain't it great?  So thank the fraudulent media, the unelected bureaucrats, and various billionaires who all know better than us poor peons, for prolonging unnecessarily the virus.  The added death toll, low as it is, will be on their shoulders.  What could possibly be their motivation?  

I will proudly wear the tinfoil hat in the forum, to simply say that there are several agendas that have become attached to this outbreak.  Notice all these pundits saying we need to get rid of cash, or vaccines by force, or how this is the new normal and we just better get used to it.  Discussions of presidential debates being canceled, mail-in voting (one of their favorite fraud ploys), various limits on gun purchases (like WTF?), govt. choosing which businesses are and are not essential (like WTF?).  It has become comical to try to follow all the conflicting advice about mask usage, social distancing, treatments, etc. as virtually everyone scrambles at once to try to figure out what the F is going on.  The answer it seems, is NOBODY KNOWS....or if they do know, they have some agenda in mind.  

In many ways, a parallel can easily be drawn to the climate change debate:  "We don't really know much, but if we don't act NOW we're all gonna die.  So give us more power and more money, so we can control you better."  I mean that seriously, it pretty much sums up both the climate debate and the virus debate.  So even though H1N1 may have been far worse than Coronavirus, what the hell, lets just shut the whole economy down.  Even though a cure is sitting right there on the shelf - which, by the way, also seems to work well on other flu strains - what the hell lets just keep people sick and dying until we develop a vaccine next year.  Good Lord, it makes my head want to explode.

As you can tell, I don't think much of governments or our enlightened overlords.  Rather than raise my blood pressure reading all the virus debate here, and feeling like a lone voice in the wilderness, I'm just going to take a break.  I'll reconnect with you guys after some semblance of sanity returns.  All in all, I would STILL rather be here in PH than anywhere else.  And I STILL say the Western world has lost its f*cking marbles.

Remind me again, why the hell won't the sell me SM Pilsen at the local sari sari?  It's inside the gate of our supposedly 'rich' neighborhood, I guess they don't want all us rich guys getting drunk and stealing each other's TV's?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

why the hell won't the sell me SM Pilsen at the local sari sari?

AHA.  Now  have figured it out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I'm just going to take a break

Sounds like a good idea. Hop on a plane and take a trip somewhere and relax :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah........Life is an illusion brought on by Alcoholic deficiency :89:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

why the hell won't the sell me SM Pilsen

I can't buy any either. I can buy every other beer in the world... but there's no SM Pilsen. 

beer.JPG

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Remind me again, why the hell won't the sell me SM Pilsen at the local sari sari?  It's inside the gate of our supposedly 'rich' neighborhood, I guess they don't want all us rich guys getting drunk and stealing each other's TV's?  

Very narrow minded thinking. Maybe they wont sell because if they are caught breaking the current law they could be fined and closed down for good.

Is there some reason you rich guys think that there should be one rule for you outside of the rules for everyone else? 

• Thanks 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The alcohol ban is a rule made by Filipinos for Filipinos. We are just caught in it because we chose to be here.  

In Texas they passed resolution allowing restaurants to deliver drinks, as long as food is also ordered. This goes against the open beverage law, but they would rather people had a few drinks in the privacy of their own homes. Here, they decided it was best to keep people sober, so they would treat the lockdown accordingly. Now, I am not saying Filipinos cannot handle their drink - they say it themselves.

But, if you have a local friend, I am sure they know which sari-sari will sell drinks. Not out the front door... and you may pay double price... but it is still available if you ask nicely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

All the local shops here, no alcohol sales at all, but go to sta lucia grocery in the big SM, and all alcohol is available.... Don't see how they can sell it, but glad they do, just picked up 8 cases of San Mig Light.... 🍻

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Priorities, My food stock is getting low. I'm not allowed to go out of the house ( over 65) so the barangay pass restricts the time my wife can go out to shop plus the holy week stops the groceries opening.

And the wife can't drive plus my car has got a slow puncture, almost flat tyre. Need to get the spare on.

So feel sorry for the rich guys on here who can't get a San Mig. My heart bleeds for yer. :7500:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Priorities, My food stock is getting low. I'm not allowed to go out of the house ( over 65) so the barangay pass restricts the time my wife can go out to shop plus the holy week stops the groceries opening.

And the wife can't drive plus my car has got a slow puncture, almost flat tyre. Need to get the spare on.

So feel sorry for the rich guys on here who can't get a San Mig. My heart bleeds for yer. :7500:

Same problem here in Bacolod Jim, fortunately the over 65 rule is not well known or enforced here. A week ago enforcers were checking most people for pass and masks, as i predicted it waned fast  and now rarely checking  except for major roads.  

Made some gentle inquiries and  the info was if caught out without a pass one would just be told to return home.  So, to ovoid my partner carting heavy bags of groceries (zero trikes about) I just drive her down to within 100 meters of shops, park up and await her return. She has pass, me not.  This is where data on the fone is handy...Took over an hour yesterday.

Trust your able to sort the tyre out soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic