Have you figured it out yet?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

mayors made the decision.

It must be because of all the different dialects in this county. :hystery: Or Just selective hearing

Here in my  city and barangay, you can not buy a beer but you can still get a pedicab or a tricycle 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

It must be because of all the different dialects in this county. :hystery: Or Just selective hearing

Here in my  city and barangay, you can not buy a beer but you can still get a pedicab or a tricycle 

I can only tell you what was going on in my city. Just after the liquor ban I went to the next city ( Mandaue)  to buy up, all good but a few days later that city mayor imposed a liquor ban. Here well at least in my area there is no transport at all.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

As you would expect here, there is plenty of local interpretation. And that can even be at the Barangay level. Our passes were issued by Barangay but don't have specific named individuals, only family name. My wife said they noted her name on the register but family name only on pass. So, unless whoever looks at the pass is checking the register each time (they aren't) anyone with the family name can use it. In fact, as they don't ask for ID, anyone at all can use it!

roddavis
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

As you would expect here, there is plenty of local interpretation. And that can even be at the Barangay level. Our passes were issued by Barangay but don't have specific named individuals, only family name. My wife said they noted her name on the register but family name only on pass. So, unless whoever looks at the pass is checking the register each time (they aren't) anyone with the family name can use it. In fact, as they don't ask for ID, anyone at all can use it!

And here in Cebu province Toledo, not only barangay pass for one person, also a vehicle pass! At checkpoint  my wife got mad and shouted WE DIDN'T GET A VEHICLE BADGES!, they let her thru. (The three caballeros. We don't need no stinkin badges!)

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I can only tell you what was going on in my city. Just after the liquor ban I went to the next city ( Mandaue)  to buy up, all good but a few days later that city mayor imposed a liquor ban. Here well at least in my area there is no transport at all.

Takes awhile for the directives to reach the bottom apparently.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

Here the pass has your picture on it and then the entire pass is laminated.   There is a hole punched in the top so you can wear it with a lanyard around your neck like the school kids do.  Vehicle pass is also required to exit/enter the town.   Have only used mine once and was quickly waived through the intown checkpoints and allowed into the grocery store.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here is one thing I have not figured out.  For the people who have had Covid 19 and recovered.  Why can't they get their asses back to work?  Most countries are working on the assumption that "herd immunity" is the answer.  They are hoping and believing that once you have had it then you will most likely not get it again AND you will not be contagious.

So there is zero reasoning for quaranting people who have officially recovered.

• Hmm thinking 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is one thing I have not figured out.  For the people who have had Covid 19 and recovered.  Why can't they get their asses back to work?  Most countries are working on the assumption that "herd immunity" is the answer.  They are hoping and believing that once you have had it then you will most likely not get it again AND you will not be contagious.

So there is zero reasoning for quaranting people who have officially recovered.

To do that you really need to show that someone has the anti-bodies to the virus. That has to be done by a blood test that they have just started testing. But who knows when this test will be widely available.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

It's been kicking off in my subdivsion. It's split into 3: condos, town houses, big houses. 2 weeks ago the passes were delivered to the nice houses by the guards, other 2 areas had to go and queue up at the office for them.
Then yesterday they banned food deliveries to the condos & townhouses but it's still allowed to the big houses:biggrin:. There's about 50 people waiting outside by the road at lunchtime waiting for grab food.

• Hmm thinking 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

It's been kicking off in my subdivsion. It's split into 3: condos, town houses, big houses. 2 weeks ago the passes were delivered to the nice houses by the guards, other 2 areas had to go and queue up at the office for them.
Then yesterday they banned food deliveries to the condos & townhouses but it's still allowed to the big houses:biggrin:. There's about 50 people waiting outside by the road at lunchtime waiting for grab food.

I haven’t heard they have been issuing passes in the UK. Only stipulating essential journeys like shopping, work etc. Which part is that?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic