Have you figured it out yet?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Looks like it could be a while according to this, surely it will take atleast 6 months for anything like that to be approved?
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/14/20/duterte-says-likely-to-lift-luzon-lockdown-if-ph-gets-antibody-treatment-vs-covid-19

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

China, for example, is open for business and has been for a few weeks now

And that is likely what motivates some world leaders to pull out their already scant hair.  Some world leaders, IMHO, would hate to see China get a few months ahead of them in revitalizing their economy.  So much so that they may put their citizens at risk in order to get their economies kick started.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And at best, it appears a cure/treatment or vaccine may take up to another year or longer to ensure it works, is safe and then to manufacture and distribute it worldwide? Nobody could write a novel more sinister than this...

Stephen King "The Stand".  His best work in my opinion.  I have read it four times over the years.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

My concern here is that there is never a middle ground - it either has to be all or nothing so the possibility of having a loosening of the lockdown rules may not exist.  In addition,  I have began to see some concerning things i.e. the nearest 7/11 now closed, the supermarket no longer accepting bill payments, the Globe Engineeer saying it's becoming difficult to get into some subdivisions for repair, more bank branches remaining closed etc. I worry that things are beginning to come apart at the seams, albeit slowly.  

I trust and hope your reading to much into this situation. my thoughts are it depends very much on location, there has been no more clamp down where i am currently living in Bacolod, in fact much less if anything. Earlier many check points now few except major roads, supermarkets are open as are banks.

The only change is the Barangay pass is now limited to 4 days a week, i do not find this a problem. if one needed something urgent it would pose no issue going on the off day, our supermarket does not check for a pass.

We pay our monthly expenses as per normal, no changes.

• Like 2

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Looks like it could be a while according to this, surely it will take atleast 6 months for anything like that to be approved?
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/14/20/duterte-says-likely-to-lift-luzon-lockdown-if-ph-gets-antibody-treatment-vs-covid-19

The hydroxychloroquine + zinc treatment has had a second study with 1000 people in France and was as successful as the smaller initial study. Lots of doctors in the US are using it to great effect whilst Remdesivir is also looking promising.

With the HCQ + zinc treatment costing less than US$20 for a full course due to no patent on the drug and it was used safely for over 50 years and the natural form since the 1800's would most likely be hte appropriate medicine for here.

The Remdesivir has had a Chinese company apply for patent and no word of the cost at this stage.

Vaccines? Years off at best for a safe, properly tested version - no one remember Dengvaxia? Plus I worked in the IT industry and wouldn't trust Bill Gates with a $5 loan, he's a snake a simple search on his business practises will prove that.

Edited by AusExpat

gery0x
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

China, for example, is open for business and has been for a few weeks now.

Locally, yes, the factories are starting to get up and running again. That means that already existing production lines will be up and running pretty soon.

But internationally; nope!! No foreigners can enter the country regardless of which visa they are holding! (I am personally affected by that)

And this is a definite show-stopper for all production lines that were planned to be built this year.

Please keep in mind that I'm talking about NEW industry projects here, not existing ones.

95% of my customers are doing their business in Mainland-China and their companies' Chinese subsidiaries are crying and whining loudly already because no foreign manpower can enter to support and continue their work!

On the one hand it once again becomes apparent right now that the locals really cannot do the job just right (I'm talking specifically about software here since this my field of work, but also about electrical/mechanical installation in factories, plus planning and equipment supply), on the other hand the customers/companies/factories there are (have to be!) pressing enormously hard right now to have their production goals met in time.

With hardly any chance though!

What the Chinese do/always did is this (my personal observation in business):

they let foreign companies build their factories (in my case I'm talking about the automotive sector; BMW, VW, Mercedes mainly), then they step by step let the factory run under 99% Chinese operation.

The prod'line is up and running - nothing to do, never change a running system - and then the Chinese believe that they have garnered all the necessary knowledge to do it by themselves, they become arrogant towards us laowei (foreigners) and want to get rid of us ASAP.

Well, again and again they were proven wrong in this process of thinking and right now during their VERY OWN travel restrictions this fires back to them hard!!

I really cannot report any big compassion from my side about that... :tongue:

What I want to say is this:

the Chinese might be the first to power up their industry again, but they will definitely lack behind in the coming years (I predict 5ish), simply because they don't let foreigners in to build up their beautiful factories for them before kicking them out again.

As I said, I'm only talking about the automotive branch here because that's the only area I have first-hand information about.

The combustion-engine-branch was groggy before CoVid-19 already, and now in times where everybody strives for electro-mobility, the Chinese will fall back for years!! *IMHO*

That said, most (German) manufacturers already have other Asian countries in their mid-term plans such as Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, India, and even the Philippines!

In my opinion, the US (economy) has nothing to worry about the Chinese, and because of a very simple reason:

The Americans really collect and develop knowledge and share it with other western countries to a certain extent.

The Chinese may have the knowledge (copied!) on paper and on blueprints, but they cannot use it because their people are too - please excuse this expression - "stupid" to handle it due to a lack of education and common sense thinking.

Also "sharing is caring" strangely doesn't apply to that communist government in this case - how ironic!

Probably this was a little bit off topic right now, but I wanted to get this off my chest at one point...

Stay safe everybody! :smile:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

I trust and hope your reading to much into this situation. my thoughts are it depends very much on location, there has been no more clamp down where i am currently living in Bacolod, in fact much less if anything. Earlier many check points now few except major roads, supermarkets are open as are banks.

The only change is the Barangay pass is now limited to 4 days a week, i do not find this a problem. if one needed something urgent it would pose no issue going on the off day, our supermarket does not check for a pass.

We pay our monthly expenses as per normal, no changes.

Everything is very much location dependant and varies according to the existence of cases/possible cases.  

Plenty experiencing more inconvenience than I, and plenty less as well.  That's what we would expect given there is a lack of a nationwide approach.  

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, AusExpat said:

The hydroxychloroquine + zinc treatment has had a second study with 1000 people in France and was as successful as the smaller initial study. Lots of doctors in the US are using it to great effect whilst Remdesivir is also looking promising.

With the HCQ + zinc treatment costing less than US$20 for a full course due to no patent on the drug and it was used safely for over 50 years and the natural form since the 1800's would most likely be hte appropriate medicine for here.

The Remdesivir has had a Chinese company apply for patent and no word of the cost at this stage.

Vaccines? Years off at best for a safe, properly tested version - no one remember Dengvaxia? Plus I worked in the IT industry and wouldn't trust Bill Gates with a $5 loan, he's a snake a simple search on his business practises will prove that.

It isn't zinc it is a Zithromax Z-Pak anti-biotic which deals with any bacterial pneumonia that develops as a complication of the COVID-19 infection.

Joey G
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

It isn't zinc it is a Zithromax Z-Pak anti-biotic which deals with any bacterial pneumonia that develops as a complication of the COVID-19 infection.

actually there is some studies going on involving a Z-Pac and zinc with the hydro*****.... if you google it, it's there...

if I was bad enough and nothing else was available...  I'd even let "grandma" treat me with the jungle root concoction she uses for everything else... and it it usually seems to work as well.

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, earthdome said:

You're right about the z-pack being for opportunistic secondary infections.

The HCQ allows the zinc to pass through the cell wall and increase the intracellular pH levels which kills the virus.Tthe protocol doesn't work very well without the Zinc - thus all the new studies coming out claiming HCQ does not work are questionable at best, they are supposed to replicate the original study conditions to see if they get the same results or not. You cannot scientifically debunk a treatment by altering the tests.

All the papers and test results of the two French studies are online and available to read in English, it's amazing what you have time to read when you have nothing else to do.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic