Filipina wife phoning in Pho food to-go

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A little lockdown levity. My wife attempted to order to-go from our local Pho Vietnamese restaurant. The Vietnamese owner knows my wife very well a wonderful person but the phone conversation was a total train wreck. I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard. 

Anyone else experience something similar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Old55 said:

A little lockdown levity. My wife attempted to order to-go from our local Pho Vietnamese restaurant. The Vietnamese owner knows my wife very well a wonderful person but the phone conversation was a total train wreck. I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard. 

Anyone else experience something similar?

Strange Old, as I was going to start a similar post. Last week my partner spent an eternity trying to give our address to the water station that know us well. We are on the same street.....same side.....just 2 KM away, plus she gave well known land marks that did not seem to click. The fun really started when she tried to give our number...this was the time I had to leave the room.....

Some how communication between locals just does not work.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, RBM said:

communication

A suspect word here I am afraid Bruce. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Some how communication between locals just does not work.

Good to know - I thought it was just my accent.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

The fun really started when she tried to give our number...

Yes, this is something I come across a lot.  And not just me so not an accent issue, just this morning my wife was giving the Globe Tech. our modem number - about 15 digits.  It didn't go well - she was repeating some numbers so he must have been lost as to what was a repeat and what was a new one.  He's coming around this afternoon to get it in person!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

When i was in the navy i worked with a Filipino who accent was so hard other Filipinos used to ask me" what did he say". fun times.

• Haha 1