Yorkshire Pudding our new Easter dinner tradition

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve and other forum members have commented on Yorkshire Pudding so I attempted preparing it for our Easter dinner. WOW, good stuff! Followed Gordon Ramsay's recipe using some of the prime rib drippings and it came out great. 

93412098_2956590207721016_1510535226294534144_n.jpg

93422692_2956590291054341_7183781343174590464_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Steve and other forum members have commented on Yorkshire Pudding so I attempted preparing it for our Easter dinner. WOW, good stuff! Followed Gordon Ramsay's recipe using some of the prime rib drippings and it came out great. 

Wow!!! Looks good. But where did you find the prime rib roast? I would kill for one of those!

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Wow!!! Looks good. But where did you find the prime rib roast? I would kill for one of those!

Our local butcher has Nebraska organic grass fed and Snake River beef including Wagyu.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Our local butcher has Nebraska organic grass fed and Snake River beef including Wagyu.

Ah... I forgot you are in USA. I was thinking you were in Phils... Silly me. So much for my memory Of course you can get quality beef there! Drats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Rather than start a new topic, I will just run on with this one if okay with you, Old? I reckon it sort of goes along with your Easter dinner theme?

Anyway here was our dinner last night. I was thrilled to discover that some New York steaks from New Zealand were wonderfully tender and very tasty. I found them at S & R. They were painfully thin, however, so grilling them only took about 2 minutes on one side and one on the other on a smokin' hot grill. They were seasoned with only salt and pepper. I smothered them with onions, garlic and mushrooms sauteed in butter and seasoned with some salt, but lots of freshly ground coarse black pepper. A chef friend of mine once said - if you use the pepper, I wanna taste it!

Fried potatoes with paprika, salt and pepper on the side.

My favourite vegetable - green beans and English cabbage blanched briefly and seasoned with butter salt garlic and, yes, pepper.

Very simple dinner to make, although we each needed two steaks since they were so thin. The trick was to not overcook them so that they were still bright pink inside. Hard to do medium rare on a 3/8" thick steak... But it worked!!!

20200412_183804_resized_2.jpg

20200412_183809_resized_2.jpg

20200412_183815_resized_2.jpg

20200412_193118_resized_2.jpg

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Love it 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Those puds are looking good....and I say that as a proud born and bred Yorkshireman !  :thumbsup:

images.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Haven't experienced a good old corn fed Ribeye steak in almost 20 years. What you are having is making me drool..more than usual.:hystery: 

• Haha 2