Renovation of our house in CDO

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, intrepid said:

Will they have it done prior to your return ?  A master bath is one of the requirements for me.   Just like a den/office area, I like a private space to do my other planing and paperwork!  :hystery:

God... I hope it's done by the time I get back!

It's a pain if I have to go in the middle of the night going down the stairs to the downstairs CR LOL

Planning and 'paperwork' eh... I thought Playboy had gone digital these days?  :whistling:

• Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

lanning and 'paperwork' eh... I thought Playboy had gone digital these days?  

I used to keep a bucket of books in my bathroom back in the states.  Now I just take my smart phone with me.  More selections and takes less space than a bucket of books.  Sure do miss reading a chapter once a day of a good non-fiction book.:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

I used to keep a bucket of books in my bathroom back in the states.  Now I just take my smart phone with me.  More selections and takes less space than a bucket of books.  Sure do miss reading a chapter once a day of a good non-fiction book.:tiphat:

Until your legs fall asleep and you can barely stand up to leave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The started stripping out the master bedroom CR  today,  the intention is to strip it back to a bare room and build a new bathroom in the layout we want.  Currently there is a big bath which neither of us use wasting space and we're chasing more storage space and a bigger shower with a heater.  Apologies for the lack on an inside shot but not much space with 3 guys in there.

Bathroom demo.jpg

We will do the same when we get back. The layout is not to our liking as it is now so we will do a complete renovation. It is now separated in one cr and one shower room, we will knock down the wall between and get a bigger room with both cr and shower in the same. Do you have any exhaust fans in the cr or do you rely on opening the window? We only had a window but I dont think it has been very good for ventilation. Any input will be appreciated.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We do not have a fan in the CR currently but it is something we have talked about installing but with the lockdown the choice of shops is limited and we haven't found a suitable exhaust fan yet.  It's on our To Do list.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The started stripping out the master bedroom CR  today,  the intention is to strip it back to a bare room and build a new bathroom in the layout we want.  Currently there is a big bath which neither of us use wasting space and we're chasing more storage space and a bigger shower with a heater.  Apologies for the lack on an inside shot but not much space with 3 guys in there.

Bathroom demo.jpg

Chipping out ceramic tile with no eye protection.  Maybe that is why we start out with two? :whistling:

• Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

If I was in the Philippines not Australia then I'd try and hint towards safer working but it's a bit difficult from here :(

And honestly... convincing workers to do things the 'western' way is hard enough even when you are there to supervise most times.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

If I was in the Philippines not Australia then I'd try and hint towards safer working but it's a bit difficult from here :(

And honestly... convincing workers to do things the 'western' way is hard enough even when you are there to supervise most times.

So true.  I always give the workers eye protection and it seldom gets used. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had a small delay because SWMBO couldn't find tiles that she like that went with her choice of basin, toilet and shower (we talked about general layout but as I'm in Aussie right now I'm leaving the choice of colors and actual items to her).  They finished removing the old tiles (which was I'm told a slow job) and also the old concrete surround for the previous bath and shower and they've now started to lay the new tiles.

Bathroom demoltion.jpg

Bathroom floor tile.jpg

Bathroom renovation.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

'm leaving the choice of colors and actual items to her).

I learned a long time ago to leave those decisions to she who will maintain and clean.  Not that i don't clean sometimes but it seems to make for less decisions/arguments and makes her happy and feel proud she is more part of the overall operation.  Lucky for me her tastes are not out of line with mine and no wild strange colors.:tiphat:

• Like 3