Renovation of our house in CDO

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, intrepid said:

it seems to make for less decisions/arguments and makes her happy and feel proud she is more part of the overall operation.  

Definitely... I couldn't agree more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
GeoffH
Posted
Posted

SWMBO sent me a progress photo of the CR renovation, the removal of the old fittings has been completed and the wall tiles and the toilet have been fitted.

Removing the solid concrete bath surround and shower wall and wall tiles turned out to be a longer and slower job than expected.

Bathroom progress photo.jpg

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

SWMBO sent me a progress photo of the CR renovation, the removal of the old fittings has been completed and the wall tiles and the toilet have been fitted.

Looks really good and appears to be roomy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Looks really good and appears to be roomy.

Thanks, happy so far.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Looking nice, Geoff! Looks like you could fit 10 people in there and still have social distancing?

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Removing the solid concrete bath surround and shower wall and wall tiles turned out to be a longer and slower job than expected.

Removing tile and old hard concrete with a number four concrete nail and a piece of plastic pipe is probably not on any of our "bucket lists". :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Removing tile and old hard concrete with a number four concrete nail and a piece of plastic pipe is probably not on any of our "bucket lists". :tongue:

I can't imagine why not :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Looking nice, Geoff! Looks like you could fit 10 people in there and still have social distancing?

It's not that big, I think it's just the wide angle lens on the phone camera (old real estate agent trick - stand in the corner of a room and use a wide angle lens to make it look bigger).  In reality it's a bit over 2 meters wide (7 foot?) and about 3 meters long (10 foot?).  

The vanity cabinet and basin will be at the close end opposite the door and the shower unit will be in the corner opposite the toilet (glass with a sliding door).

I hadn't thought about it before but looking at the photo we're going to have to paint the walls and I think we should replace the door.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

There were some smaller things done with the bedroom (the CR is the ensuite to the main bedroom).  There was a makeup cabinet built from scratch which is next to the CR door (because none of the prebuilt ones fitted), 2 of the downlights were replaced, the center light fitting was repaired and the chipped paint below the wall paper has been repainted (SWMBO and I are not so sure about the blue but her mama did the painting and picked the color hehe).  We are going to get a pair of matching bed side tables.

Cabinet.jpgBedroom.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3