The winners and losers of Quarantine and lockdown

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

My SIL and her husband both work for a call center in the NCR. They were able to bring their computers home so they could work from their home. They had just moved from a tiny 1BR apartment to a much larger 2BR apartment now that they have a 1 year old and were worried about losing income after having just increased their monthly expenses. So they are doing ok so long as they can buy the food and other consumables they need.

My GF was near the last to bring a computer home. I think some others had there's at home for maybe a week. Anyway after setting it up and some tecnical problems getting it to login etc it was ready for work the next night.

To my delight before the first night a message came for everyone to bring back the computers as it was not working out. Not sure of the problem but technical issues.

Anyway she goes to work which is like about 200 meters away. Many of her workmates cant work now because of transport issues plus now they are stopping any from other cities entering including call center workers. I think its a bad deal as those who cant work still get the base salary to stay home. The others in this company I think get P500 a night extra to work. Anyway keeps her out of my hair :smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway keeps her out of my hair :smile:

That leads to another "winners and losers" point.

Those couples who act like newly-weds and spend every waking moment looking into each other's eye's are now heros.  Couples who each had a life and now are forced to spend each waking moment together are probably "losing it" after 4 weeks of lockdown.  

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My GF was near the last to bring a computer home. I think some others had there's at home for maybe a week. Anyway after setting it up and some tecnical problems getting it to login etc it was ready for work the next night.

To my delight before the first night a message came for everyone to bring back the computers as it was not working out. Not sure of the problem but technical issues.

Anyway she goes to work which is like about 200 meters away. Many of her workmates cant work now because of transport issues plus now they are stopping any from other cities entering including call center workers. I think its a bad deal as those who cant work still get the base salary to stay home. The others in this company I think get P500 a night extra to work. Anyway keeps her out of my hair :smile:

From what they have told me the call center they work for treats them very well. Maternity leave, etc. for the birth of their son. They have been working there for over 5 years now.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, earthdome said:

From what they have told me the call center they work for treats them very well. Maternity leave, etc. for the birth of their son. They have been working there for over 5 years now.

Im not disputing anything. They treat them good where my GF works too as far as I know and I think most call centers do.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think its a bad deal as those who cant work still get the base salary to stay home. The others in this company I think get P500 a night extra to work.

And now I have to quote myself as I was just told the company no longer has budget to pay those who cant work as well as no extra for those who can which is a bit difficult as they are operating under stress as not enough workers and days off keep changing because of the demand for people to man the call center.

• Sad 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

I’d say invest now in companies who make diapers and, in general, any type of baby supplies as am sure the birth rate will soar in about 9 months, lol

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Winners, lions that enjoy sleeping on a warm road. :tongue:

South%20Africa%20lions_CNNPH.jpg

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

That's harsh, HK. I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint 100%.

When L shops and finds that something I listed is not available as requested, she will either message me to ask for guidance or send me photos of the alternatives. It does not happen often, but it has happened a few times recently. I don't see that as negative at all but rather as a huge positive in our relationship and I am very appreciative that she is so sensitive to my preferences. She is trying to find what I specify as close as possible.

Normally we don't do this, but in these times, she is eager to please me and, if anything, sometimes I am a bit embarrassed that she is so careful to want to buy the things I really would like to have. In more normal times, I do the same for her. If she is working (which is the normal), I go out and do the shopping. If I am not sure about something, rather than buy the wrong item, I will either message her or send her photos of the alternatives, or both. I see these as advantages using technology that were not available or even dreamed of not so many years ago.

So, please tell me what's your problem with that?

Tom, we're all different. If you and your partner feel that works for you then good on you.

It's not for me though.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not taking sides on the last couple of Posts BUT it seems like we may be seeing some cracks starting to appear in a few Relationships. My Wife for one, Knows what I like and dislike & Visa Versa. At a time like this I do what I normally do ( But without the face just now) and eat what is on the Table, Preferences should be kept to Children and not spoilt Adults( who we know can be Picky at the best of Times) Come on guys & gals we are not Children, so don't let's act like them. :wink:

Jack, agreed.  

• Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic