Red Horse Discussion- Split from another topic

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AusExpat said:

When I was younger I went beer-packing about Central/Eastern Europe drinking 10-12 pints of 8-12% beer each day, never got a hangover, always felt good.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'll hold my hand up and say I simply could not consume10-12 pints of strong beer. Physically couldn't do it.

Medical Research tells us that anyone drinking that amount  especially over  a week or any long period would be fatal :whatever: I really think we can Dismiss it as Bragging to say they could or Did and I was a Total Pisshead for many years :wink:

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Medical Research tells us that anyone drinking that amount  especially over  a week or any long period would be fatal :whatever: I really think we can Dismiss it as Bragging to say they could or Did and I was a Total Pisshead for many years :wink:

Don't know where you get your medical research but it's wrong - please provide links because it defintely is doable.

The Australian criket team was famous in the past for drinking a case of beer each  player on long haul flights.

Maybe you need to come drink with some Australians to broaden your perspectives  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jimeve said:

Have you tried Tiger black beer that's a pure malt beer and it's 6.9%. Taste better than RedHorse imo, once you get use to the taste.

Yes I've had it, price is good but for me it's just OK, not really a fan of it. In Cambodia they mix it with tinned milk

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Maybe you need to come drink with some Australians to broaden your perspectives

Ask the boss here about Beer drinking. as to research it is easily found on line , Aussies are 10 a penny here on Negros and I take their word on the effects, Stories of Sportsmen are many and I don't think you re one of these types at all, they all suffered in the end as a lot of Sportsmen did and will always do so  No I just do not believe you, we get a lot of newcomers that Brag and you as them, will come down to our level of Living in the end. we all bin there and done the silly thing but after 27 years Military I can tell you about Beer drinking and its effects .

So I leave you with a Link for you and others to have a look at ;

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+Harm+of+Binge+drinking+Heavy+beer&oq=the+Harm+of+Binge+drinking+Heavy+beer&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.13175j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8  :wink:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

The Australian criket team was famous in the past for drinking a case of beer each  player on long haul flights.

Maybe you need to come drink with some Australians to broaden your perspectives  :biggrin:

Merve Hughes was famous for his drinking capacity back in the day, he could have managed that I suspect but I doubt anyone could have kept up with him LOL

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'll hold my hand up and say I simply could not consume10-12 pints of strong beer. Physically couldn't do it.

Ahh, but there's a secret to drinking that much - you need to be a young fit man excited to be travelling on the other side of the world for the first time, if volume didn't stop me these days common sense would.

29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ask the boss here about Beer drinking. as to research it is easily found on line , Aussies are 10 a penny here on Negros and I take their word on the effects, Stories of Sportsmen are many and I don't think you re one of these types at all, they all suffered in the end as a lot of Sportsmen did and will always do so  No I just do not believe you, we get a lot of newcomers that Brag and you as them, will come down to our level of Living in the end. we all bin there and done the silly thing but after 27 years Military I can tell you about Beer drinking and its effects .

So I leave you with a Link for you and others to have a look at ;

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+Harm+of+Binge+drinking+Heavy+beer&oq=the+Harm+of+Binge+drinking+Heavy+beer&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.13175j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8  :wink:

OK, but your post was that drinking that much in a week would kill you, and I asked a link to that.

As to me? Well I can assure you I stopped bragging about how much I could drink when I stopped being a teenager, it really isn't much of an life accomplishment.

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Merve Hughes was famous for his drinking capacity back in the day, he could have managed that I suspect but I doubt anyone could have kept up with him LOL

You'd be surprised - https://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/david-boon-downs-52-cans-of-beer-on-a-single-flight-307274

When Rodney Marsh and Doug Walters had gulped down 44 cans of beer each in the 1973 trip back home from the Caribbean

While Walters had kept a track of his 44 cans

The captain had just announced on the public announcement system that Boon had gone past Marsh’s and Walters’ 44. The attendants confirmed the count as 52 cans of Victoria Bitter beers.

The team then attended a cocktail party hosted by XXXX (the sponsors) when Boon downed three more cans (rumours are that he had another couple at Sydney before the flight had taken off). He then went into a 36-hour slumber and missed two practice sessions.

Edited by AusExpat

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

OK, but your post was that drinking that much in a week would kill you, and I asked a link to that.

:whatever: so you only went beer Packing for only one week? Doubtful But it's your story so :89: Binge Drinking  is So bad and Deep down you know this :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whatever: so you only went beer Packing for only one week? Doubtful But it's your story so :89: Binge Drinking  is So bad and Deep down you know this :wink:

Not what I said, that is what you said - you are being argumentative or trolling and I am not going to continue with this silliness.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

I am not going to continue with this silliness.

Good, sometimes members never remember how things started EH? and don't like it when called out, but you will learn as time goes bye :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson