Jump to content

Recommended Building contacts on Bantayan Island / Cubu


Recommended Posts

Hello,

Just joined this site and this is my first post so not sure how active this forum is but here goes! 

I’m looking for some Building / Construction contacts preferably on Bantayan Island or Cebu area to build me 3 Cottages / Nipa Huts. 
I’ve contacted a few Architects / Builders from Star of Service using Google but not getting much replies or feedback on quotes / prices. 

Can anyone recommend any reputable companies / contractors / builders / contacts that I can email to get some quotes.

Many thanks,

Darren 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
2 minutes ago, Darren_UK said:

Can anyone recommend any reputable companies / contractors / builders / contacts that I can email to get some quotes.

Email is one thing that usually wont help much. Better to phone or SMS in most cases.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks!

I will contact them by phone but I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommended building contacts on Bantayan Island or Cebu.

Do you know of any? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
2 hours ago, Darren_UK said:

Ok thanks!

I will contact them by phone but I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommended building contacts on Bantayan Island or Cebu.

Do you know of any? 

If I can find it I did once have a link to a Nipa hut builder in Cebu but will have to search first. I guess you already have land on Bantayan Island  so best to ask the locals and resort owners as I sure someone will know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Better to phone or SMS in most cases.

Find on Facebook and send message.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If I can find it I did once have a link to a Nipa hut builder in Cebu but will have to search first. I guess you already have land on Bantayan Island  so best to ask the locals and resort owners as I sure someone will know.

I don't think he's actually after Nippa huts though, he posted another post and in that they are brick buildings with glass windows/doors and a thatched roof.

I'd second the idea that your best bet would be to ask around your area for word of mouth recommendations.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres an English guy who built his house called Moonage Daydream on Tourist road in Bantayan. He advertises it on airbnb. He built it himself so he may know.

There another house owned by a foreign national ( blue walls ) maybe two houses down. Hes been doing lots home repairs maintanaince , extensions, using a local crew. If you are in Bantayan he may know.. but the owner isnt always in Bantayan.

Lots construction work ( was ) going on in Bantayan so if and when able to get there then would be easy to see companies and see the work they have done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
7 hours ago, AusExpat said:

I don't think he's actually after Nippa huts though, he posted another post and in that they are brick buildings with glass windows/doors and a thatched roof.

Yes he is really looking for a builder who has someone to attach a thatch roof on top of the construction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your advice.

I have now found a few builders on the Island who are going to give me some quotes.

Really appreciate your help, thanks again! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...