Ants and Aunt eradication- Split from another topic

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Mine are all gone now, the ants were all over the house and in the garden. With the borax and sugar mix. 

My ants must have a sweet tooth. :hystery:

What about your aunts, Jim?

I am starting to wonder... should these posts be transferred to the Puns topic?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Theres a product called Ant Chalk.... that was sold in Ace Hardware if anyone can recall that shop from the Good Old days.....chalk a few lines around where the ants would march up and down and they were never to be seen again......

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Theres a product called Ant Chalk.... that was sold in Ace Hardware if anyone can recall that shop from the Good Old days.....chalk a few lines around where the ants would march up and down and they were never to be seen again......

I have that and tried it and met with only limited success...:sad:

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I have that and tried it and met with only limited success...:sad:

This, but mine was no success even when I scribbled on the concrete floor like an angry schoolteacher

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I use it regularly and so far it has worked for me.  I don't think it kills the nest but within a few minutes of chalking they are gone then the next day they appear elsewhere.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Tried that, the ants just find another way round.

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tommy T. said:

So I see ants as winners during this plague!

Cockroaches might challenge what you say about ants being the winners. Many cockroach fossils found  from millions of years ago would disagree. As other posters have stated, borax powder mixed with either sugar or protein might not kill them all, but it surely reduces the general amount. The queen ant signals the ants on what she needs. Sugar or protein. So if one doesn't work, try the other. Believe it or not I have a branch II pest control licence from the state of California.:smile:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Tried that, the ants just find another way round.

And in this humidity the ant chalk is worthless. It has to be dry for it to work.:mellow:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AusExpat said:

This, but mine was no success even when I scribbled on the concrete floor like an angry schoolteacher

Don't ever say that around L - my schoolteacher partner!!!

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, jimeve said:

Mine are all gone now, the ants were all over the house and in the garden. With the borax and sugar mix. 

My ants must have a sweet tooth. :hystery:

Well they are Filipino ants after all.

• Haha 2