Ants and Aunt eradication- Split from another topic

Freebie
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

And in this humidity the ant chalk is worthless. It has to be dry for it to work.:mellow:

Worked fine for me....so much for it being worthless ??????

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Freebie said:

Theres a product called Ant Chalk.... that was sold in Ace Hardware if anyone can recall that shop from the Good Old days.....chalk a few lines around where the ants would march up and down and they were never to be seen again......

Like others have mentioned, it's effective when it's first used but doesn't really stop a 2nd wave of attackers. My wife pours hot water mixed with washing detergent and it does work but it needs to be repeated almost daily as a new batch appear. We don't really have a problem inside so it's not such a big deal for us.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

Worked fine for me....so much for it being worthless ??????

Don't want to argue but the chalk has to stay dry to work for any amount of time. It might work for a day or so, but once it's humidity content reaches a certain point, the ants just crawl over it. So maybe if you chalk every day it might work. But the queen will keep sending her workers to get more food. 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Maybe i only had a minor problem/outbreak ...but it worked where i lived ... which is on a high floor of an condo building. Anyways yes, were in Trying Times as they say, and arguing doesn't achieve anything.

Peace and Happy Weekend..