Quarantine extended until May 15

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Duterte extends community quarantine in NCR, C. Luzon, Calabarzon, other ‘high-risk’ areas until May 15

I too want to be safe and think this is a good idea.  However, I am ready to get moving around a little more.  Oh well.  Stay safe all.

:boohoo:

• Like 3

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

Not even going to pretend I'm happy about this.

Are they waiting for the poor to revolt? Guys were climbing mango trees behind my place and pulling unripe mangoes as they "have no rice"

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Heeb
Posted
Posted

They haven't actually extended the lockdown here in Zambales yet, they have until April 30th to decide, I'm hoping they lift it personally, I'm for the Swedish approach, people continue to interact with each other here anyway, you can self quarantine yourself if you have any fear that you may get the virus or have an underlying condition. I also think that the virus may have already hit the area a lot harder than we know, think about it, how many Chinese are here and were visiting up until February, I myself think there's a good chance my wife and I had it, we were in the Harborpoint mall here in Subic when a cruise ship was in port with mostly Chinese tourists, we ate in the TGIF and it was packed, plus there are Chinese pogo workers here, and we were both sick. If what I'm saying is true why don't we have as many deaths in the Philippines like they did in Italy, that I don't know, some have said that the stronger the exposure the more sick a person gets, they also believe that the virus doesn't survive long in heat and sun, both of which are in abundance here, maybe the locals have some immunity to it, I don't know but I sure would like the testing to ramp up for antibodies.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

I'm pretty sure I already had it too in January, wasn't too ill, coughing a bit and wheezing, found the stairs near my house had me breathing hard when it's usually easy and couldn't get enough oxygen at the gym, had to take breaks when I don't usually - took about a month to get over it fully. I honestly thogh the few cigarettes a day I smoke had suddenly caught up with me it was that subtle.

Spoke a to friend in LA and she had the same thing in Feb. Anotehr friend in Missisippi (spelling?) said he and his wife were quite sick with it, same that I described but gettign better now hte sun had come out and they were in the garden most of the day.

All anecdotal evidence I know, but all we can do is share experiences.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

7A181F9B-7399-4EAF-8F3C-F4ECCFFE13E6.jpeg

Friend there just sent me that. Gives a better idea of areas affected by the extension. Sucks for them. 

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gator said:

7A181F9B-7399-4EAF-8F3C-F4ECCFFE13E6.jpeg

Friend there just sent me that. Gives a better idea of areas affected by the extension. Sucks for them. 

I have seen that, and live in Iloilo...  we are not quite following Manila.  The governor said that as of 1MAY, businesses can reopen, if they can promote social distancing. Business was limited to food & other basic needs and that is being relaxed, in Iloilo.  But the quarantine pass and border restrictions will remain in place.  We will be getting a modified quarantine, to promote the economy. 

Unless they change their mind by the 1st ha ha

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

:sad:

Lockdown datesAprMay2020.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

"i truly want to thank the Filipino people for looking out for my wife and I but, please next time, I'm sure you can find a more needy family at these ruff times." She smiled and said goodbye and told my wife ,will see you next week..................

I think, in your case, first off it is impressive that they have a system that seems to be working - good on them!

And secondly, it appears that just graciously accepting it is probably the best thing to do. After they leave, you can ask your wife about who might be needy near you to whom you could share it?

So far, no cash outlays or food offerings in our neighbourhood. But if it happens, we will redistribute any food or money. We aren't wealthy by any means, but we are doing okay.

L told me yesterday that the enhanced quarantine may be lifted in Davao on or about May 27th. I am curious to hear if anyone else has a similar report to share for this area?

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic