When will flights to the Philippines resume for the likes of you and me?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack D said:

This was my very first non-stop flight (14 & 1/2 hours) to the Philippines, and my wife and I slept through most of it. Philippine Airlines is OK, except for their food.

Upon arrival in Cebu, my wife and I were tested for COVID-19 with swabs used on our mouths and noses, which was quick and not too painful. While we wait for the results, we are imprisoned in a government-approved quarantine hotel in Lapu-Lapu.

Getting the results, which we both expect to be negative, will take 2 -4 days, and if we pass, we'll be issued certificates showing that we're both negative for COVID-19. At that point, we can quarantine at any place of our choosing.

The hotel has air-con and Sky TV, plus 3 rice meals each day... not too bad for 2,700 PHP per day,

Thanks for the first hand account. Glad you arrived safely and all is good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

It only took two days to get our negative results for COVID-19 and then we took off to Luzon. Other people are waiting for four days or more for their results. 

The real hard part is getting two required pieces of paper, one showing negative results from the lab and another one is an official government certificate showing negative results from the very same lab... a tad bit redundant, eh.

We're in Manila right now and It's never look cleaner than it does right now.

COVID-19 is taken much more seriously in the Philippines than it is in the USA. There's lots of curfews, endless temperature checks, blockades, and so on. Plus, nobody is refusing to wear a mask.

We should be finishing up our business here in a few days, and then we're headed back to the states. My wife, who is a Filipina, misses the USA. Quite honestly, I do too.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack D said:

We should be finishing up our business here in a few days, and then we're headed back to the states. My wife, who is a Filipina, misses the USA. Quite honestly, I do too.

Thanks for your in-person experience report, Jack... We do not need to travel, but it is good to know what might be expected if travel becomes necessary. There are so many bulls*** reports of things going around, so it is great to hear the reality, be it good, bad or ugly...

Thanks again. Stay healthy and safe!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

There are so many bulls*** reports of things going around, so it is great to hear the reality, be it good, bad or ugly...

Not so sure of bullshit reports. I think it's really a matter of different areas have different rules or methods so not one size. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic