BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You fellows all be good over there.  Remember that only the cops and Philippine politicians are allowed to be arrogant now.  The day of the arrogant foreigner is coming to an end.  The longer I stay away from the Philippines the more I realize it ain't paradise any more.  No more "live like a king on $1000 a month".  I loved the place 10 years ago but it ain't half the place it used to be.

I'll tell ya one story.  An expat i know personally got deported on some silly trumped up charge.  That was about a year ago and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him.  He brought his Filipina partner to another SE Asia location and they are happy as the proverbial pigs in shit.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well, I wouldn’t call any place that institutes an alcohol ban “paradise”. And come on DH, don’t the police in Canada throw foreigners on the ground and arrest them for having the audacity to question their authority when they storm their private property because the maid and gardener aren’t wearing their masks? I know, it’s THEIR country, I get it. Besides I ALWAYS gave the Philippine politicians and pulis exactly the respect they deserved. “Because the cops don’t need you and, man, they expect the same” is a concept I lived by long before it was written down. But it might be time to relax that alcohol ban.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

come on DH, don’t the police in Canada throw foreigners on the ground and arrest them for having the audacity to question their authority when they storm their private property because the maid and gardener aren’t wearing their masks?

:hystery: Yeah sure

They do that with the same frequency the deport foreigners who are here legally.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

they also released a full video which showed the foreigner being a dick basically.

I agree.  He deserved what he got.

3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You fellows all be good over there.  Remember that only the cops and Philippine politicians are allowed to be arrogant now.  The day of the arrogant foreigner is coming to an end.  The longer I stay away from the Philippines the more I realize it ain't paradise any more.  No more "live like a king on $1000 a month".  I loved the place 10 years ago but it ain't half the place it used to be.

I'll tell ya one story.  An expat i know personally got deported on some silly trumped up charge.  That was about a year ago and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him.  He brought his Filipina partner to another SE Asia location and they are happy as the proverbial pigs in shit.

Dave, I'm going to be honest.  Perhaps it is time to move on from being the moderator of a PHILIPPINES EXPAT forum when you are no longer an expat and 80% of you posts are negative.  Of course that is an estimate but I have noticed a big swing in the negative direction.

I have great respect for your knowledge of the Philippines and have enjoyed and learned from your posts for many years.  However, some of us choose to live here and stay positive despite the challenges.  Constant negativity wears thin.

• Like 2

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 3:44 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Said reminder came following a viral video of a foreign national in Makati who reportedly refused to abide by ECQ policies, as well as the recent raid of an online gaming company employing aliens despite the COVID-19 lockdown.

Morente expressed his dismay at said incidents and assured the public that foreign nationals who will not observe ECQ protocols will be sanctioned. “This is not just about the utter disrespect towards our laws. It is more importantly about putting everybody else’s health at risk,” he said.

It would help if each area didn't have their own rules and change them constantly.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Not gonna say he deserved what he got - but he asked for it.

The cops told the maid to put on a mask because she was not on their property (in the street is not your property). She was going inside for a mask. There was no issue until this idiot went outside to start a fight.  Well... he found what he was looking for.  I hope it made him happy. 

I agree.  Just makes it more difficult for those of us who try to be polite and abide by the system even we may not always agree with it.

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I think if anyone has watched the complete video they will see the guy got the treatment he fully deserved.

I just watched a 2 min video preceding the part I had seen before when the cop first shows up and tries to reason with him. A drunken, obnoxious a_h. So yeah, he deserved it.

• Like 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic