BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

From the CNN article this is worth noting

Retired Supreme Court Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio insisted a court-issued arrest warrant is required for police officers to carry out an arrest inside the home — even the homeowner's driveway.

"The rule is your private residence is your castle," Carpio said in a virtual briefing on Monday. "Police cannot enter without your consent. If they want to enter, they have to get a court warrant. Your driveway is part of your residence. There is this fundamental right of the Filipino people in the Constitution that they cannot just enter a residence, including the driveway, without court order, without warrant of arrest or search warrant."

Carpio also sounded off on the incident in a Taguig condominium last week where a police team allegedly stormed  the condominium premises after reports of residents allegedly violating physical distancing rules.

"They (police) think they can enter, they think that this quarantine gives them the authority to go to every condominium building," he said.

Though I'm sure being rude isn't going to help.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, I'm going to be honest.  Perhaps it is time to move on from being the moderator of a PHILIPPINES EXPAT forum when you are no longer an expat and 80% of you posts are negative.

Well I'm going to be honest too.  I don't read as many of the posts here as I used to because I find them a lot of them sound like whining old women.  But I do enjoy the forum in general.  So continuing on the "being honest" theme:  It aint your call; and that personal attack on the public forum is bullshit.  But I did not moderate your post because maybe you are right.  I shall throw the ball @Jollygoodfellow  JGF, if you want me to step down just send me a private message to tell me I should resign.  There will be no hard feelings.  However, if the members want to play moderator they should read the rules about:  Don't do that.  Send a message to admin if you want changes to the forum.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I find them a lot of them sound like whining old women. 

Remember Dave, we don't have the luxury of going down to the local pub and venting to our bartender :hystery: The forum has always been a safe haven for rants...…..a good place to blow off steam :boohoo:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well I'm going to be honest too.  I don't read as many of the posts here as I used to because I find them a lot of them sound like whining old women.  But I do enjoy the forum in general.  So continuing on the "being honest" theme:  It aint your call; and that personal attack on the public forum is bullshit.  But I did not moderate your post because maybe you are right.  I shall throw the ball @Jollygoodfellow  JGF, if you want me to step down just send me a private message to tell me I should resign.  There will be no hard feelings.  However, if the members want to play moderator they should read the rules about:  Don't do that.  Send a message to admin if you want changes to the forum.

Sorry Dave, I tried to say it in a nice way.  I guess I missed.  It wasn't a personal attack, just a comment on recent negativity.  I was not trying to play moderator or censor you or anything like that.  And I thanked you for all that I have learned from you and I sincerely meant it.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You fellows all be good over there.  Remember that only the cops and Philippine politicians are allowed to be arrogant now.  The day of the arrogant foreigner is coming to an end.  The longer I stay away from the Philippines the more I realize it ain't paradise any more.  No more "live like a king on $1000 a month".  I loved the place 10 years ago but it ain't half the place it used to be.

I'll tell ya one story.  An expat i know personally got deported on some silly trumped up charge.  That was about a year ago and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him.  He brought his Filipina partner to another SE Asia location and they are happy as the proverbial pigs in shit.

Removed post because I see it has been covered in enough detail already.  

Edited by hk blues

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, I'm going to be honest.

Dave? Hello. knock knock. Dave's not here!:smile:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Removed post because I see it has been covered in enough detail already. 

Removed your own post? How can you do that? I've tried a few times. Enlighten me please.:unsure:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Send a message to admin if you want changes to the forum.

All I want is for people to not take it personally if their sensibilities are offended. Why can't you 2 find common ground? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, AusExpat said:

It would help if each area didn't have their own rules and change them constantly.

It's up to people who know where they live and what rules apply to their area. Same if you travel to different countries on vacation, you need to know the law of each country.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

All I want is for people to not take it personally if their sensibilities are offended. Why can't you 2 find common ground? 

You are the last person to give advice here.

It is not really a common ground issue.  I spoke my mind about something I observed, be it right or wrong, and Dave took offense to it.  I understand his doing so.  Dave has been a long time online friend here on the forum and he will probably forgive my being an a**, over time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic