BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Covid grumpiness.  We will all get over it in time

That is true.  Our whole family has it to some degree.  Staying at home is getting old, really old.  I can only imagine how hard it is for people who don't have food and basic necessities. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is true.  Our whole family has it to some degree.  Staying at home is getting old, really old.  I can only imagine how hard it is for people who don't have food and basic necessities. 

Tommy T says that it has been "hard" for him also, but I expect he is bragging.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Tommy T says that it has been "hard" for him also, but I expect he is bragging.  :whistling:

It gets hard every morning, Waking up to the cockerels in the early morning.:89:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Mum's the word, Mike.:89:

So maybe you need to chill and have a cock-tail?:hystery:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Removed your own post? How can you do that? I've tried a few times. Enlighten me please.:unsure:

Where would be the fun in that, AK? :tongue:

Actually, you cannot remove the post on a PC (at least I can't) but you can edit and rewrite. 

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Masks are required by law when on public streets.  Are you suggesting that it is okay to violate the law if you happen to be the only one on the street?  Any other laws that are okay to violate if they clearly are not required?

Smoking areas and girlie bars :)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Smoking areas and girlie bars :)

It's ok to violate any and all laws until you get caught.  Then you have no defence and should accept the punishment gratiously

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's ok to violate any and all laws until you get caught.  Then you have no defence and should accept the punishment gratiously

And not yell at the police.

But seriously there are a lot of laws we all ignore from time to time, some absolutely stupid laws, some ill thought out and unimplementable, some antiquated laws from the 1600's, etc.

My favourite law was in Cambodia a few years back was reported in the papers that the new "No colouring of the hair" law passed was actullay pushed by the top guys wife as she had a full head of black hair and her main social rival had grey hairs she dyed black - so the whole country wasn't able to dye their hair that horrid yet fashionable at the time bleached orange for a few years just because of this petty dispute.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Facebook? lol, I'd have killed myself already if I believed the crap on there. And the 'official' websites are rarely updated and have contradictory information at best.

But when you are the only one on the street a face mask clearly isn't required, especially if you are standing on your property.

Pick a better town?  Iloilo city hall has a great FB page, it is the easiest way to stay in touch with Filipinos, as everyone gets free FB.  Numerous post every day. Live press conferences quite often.  A very good source of up to the minute, official, information. 

Here, a mask is not required on your own property, but is required out in public - there is no provision made for lack of other people. On the street, the mask is required.  Just as stopping for a red light is the law, whether there is any other traffic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic