BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I heard that the guy was Spanish and had a San Miguel too many. 

Yes, I thought I heard a Spanish accent.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I thought I heard a Spanish accent.

Very well could be. For me difficult to tell from the videos. Not native English speaker, at any rate... And definitely several sips of something over the line!

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

AH! Well bruce I can offer you a Little something on this, The Head of the House is the main recipient and the Family are dependent. Now in My case I have discovered, When Lola Died some 2+ years ago NO one thought to tell the Barangay the Change of family SO when compiling the List for the Dispersal of Help, it was discovered that Lola had died but but new information was not presented SO the family had Moved?

It would Appear that many do not like to fill forms in etc; Yet moan when left out Yes it is bad but even we, can be our own Worst enemies at times,

My wife took a trip to the Barangay and all was Sorted,

Moral

If there are changes in Circumstances, Report them or lose the help. :whatever:

Gud Morning All :tiphat:

You are of course right, Jack. But, given the nature of bureaucracy here, and the relatively small size of each Barangay and the rather large number of Barangay officials, it would seem that there could be an annual census of sorts to keep the records up to date as much as possible. It's my firm belief that no such systems are in place because they would limit the opportunity for officials to make choices. 

My MIL has been waiting 12 years!!!! to get on some list or other because she needs to wait until the person before her on the list passes away. Unfortunately, it seems Methusula is alive and well and living in my MIL's barangay!

Seriously though, this whole barangay system seems to do more than add another layer of complexity to a system which excels in complexity.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

I heard that the guy was Spanish and had a San Miguel too many. 

I too can sound a little on the latino side after a San Mig or 3. In fact, I'm fluent in Tagalog after 4 Red Horses.

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

, it would seem that there could be an annual census of sorts to keep the records up to date as much as possible.

There is in that Barangay and in this one too BUT No one wanted to Fill in the Forms at my MIL's House SO They very nearly lost out. To add insult to injury they are all employed and/or Educated :whatever: 

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

There is in that Barangay and in this one too BUT No one wanted to Fill in the Forms at my MIL's House SO They very nearly lost out. To add insult to injury they are all employed and/or Educated :whatever: 

I've lived here 5 years and have never participated in any Barangay census Jack. Nobody has brought any forms for us to sign at any time. Inconsistency abounds!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

Often (the Mrs informs me) because some busybody has come to the conclusion that a family don't need any hand-outs because they have an OFW relative....who clearly must be sending loads of cash over. :rolleyes:

That seems to be common.  During typhoon Yolanda my girlfriend's house got wiped out. When the barangay was passing out money they said she did not qualify because she had a foreigner boyfriend (we were living together in another city), she had 2 OFW sisters, and 2 sisters working in Manila.  So none of the family there got any government assistance. 

Now during Covid, we are married and living on the other side of the island, and her old barangay had money for her. Go figure...

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

I thought she was in the front yard

No, she was on the street. It was then the idiot came out to cause trouble

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It was then the idiot came out to case trouble

There was an interview with a retired supreme court justice...(not a fan of the Pres.) He said that going on the guys property with out a warrant was not legal...………………….interesting legal times will be had for years once this is all over lolol

Edited by scott h
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

There was an interview with a retired supreme court justice...(not a fan of the Pres.) He said that going on the guys property with out a warrant was not legal...………………….interesting legal times will be had for years once this is all over lolol

Probably not legal, but since the president got extra powers for this ECQ perhaps abusing a law enforcer might have waived any rights.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic