Three year post-lockdown plan

Jack D
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What consequences you ask?  Some of them would be increase in spousal abuse, increase in depression, obesity leading to heart disease.  But there may be many more consequences if they are shut in for 3 years.

I’m over 65 and it looks like a true ‘Sophie’s Choice,’ since if I stay at home for three years to avoid COVID-19, I’ll face the prospect of spousal abuse, depression and obesity (leading to heart disease), plus who knows what else?

OR

Go outside and possibly get Infected with COVID-19, and face the possibility of death, and if I survive, there are so many side effects, both known and unknown.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Go outside and possibly get Infected with COVID-19, and face the possibility of death, and if I survive, there are so many side effects, both known and unknown.

Jump to search

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry

• Like 2

BC57
Posted
Posted

The PH seems to go to extremes when imposing something. I don't see what you posted working for a long period. Best to fully educate the people and let them decide. The PH is already in hot water with the UN on how they are treating people during this pandemic.:ohmy:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If oldtimers like me want to hide away in the house and live longer then we will play computer games while we self isolate and we will do that.  The rest of the world can do what it wants.  We've all been told of the consequences now let's use our brains what we want to do next.

The only solution (including the rest of your post).

Prolonging current restrictions any longer than a month more at most,  is totally unrealistic cloud cuckooland nonsense. 

They need to test the temperature of the fools proposing this stuff...in ANY country. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

The only solution (including the rest of your post).

Prolonging current restrictions any longer than a month more at most,  is totally unrealistic cloud cuckooland nonsense. 

They need to test the temperature of the fools proposing this stuff...in ANY country. 

I agree with this. Millions of poor in The Philippines are going to hit the wall vey soon, starve or turn to crime? Easy choice if you have children to feed.

There is a societal cost which at some point becomes the bigger burden.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 12:18 PM, graham59 said:

I agree it's not viable to prolong lockdown in the Philippines for much longer (and not in most third world countries) but saying it's not possible in any country simply goes against the facts, some countries have economies strong enough to survive for a lot longer than that.

Wuhan will be in lockdown for almost 6 months, restrictions haven't been totally relaxed. 

Australia has a 6 month plan which we're currently 8 weeks into and it's totally ok here, there were some initial shortages due to panic buying but supplies in shops and supermarkets are basically back to normal.  Delivery services and order and pick up services have taken off and are employing huge numbers of people and creating new jobs.  The plan by the government here has a timeline of May June before restrictions are relaxed to stage 2 and September before going to stage 1.

New Zealand locked down even earlier than Australia and is probably the least effected country in the world as a result.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, I do. Stop quoting the whole long post which is not necessary.

Me so sorry. I keep forgetting to remember.:mellow:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

New Zealand locked down even earlier than Australia and is probably the least effected country in the world as a result.

Maybe extreme heat has something to do with it? Another thing is that those country's are not surrounded by other countries that are land locked. Easier to control the advance. :mellow: 

• Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Me so sorry. I keep forgetting to remember.:mellow:

Don't worry Kid your memory will get better with age, you will remember things from years ago but not what you had for breakfast. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

If this plan is enforced it will be time to leave, for me this lockdown is not living at all, at least the version back in Washington state allows for me to get outside, walk, hike, bike, this extreme lockdown here I will not mentally survive, I'm not a couch potato like some are.,

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic