Three year post-lockdown plan

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Don't worry Kid your memory will get better with age, you will remember things from years ago but not what you had for breakfast. :thumbsup:

Sorry..what did you just say!:hystery:

• Haha 3

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Wuhan was in lockdown for almost 6 months and restrictions haven't been totally relaxed. 

New Zealand locked down even earlier than Australia and is probably the least effected country in the world as a result.

I agree with whatyou're saying but in the interests of facts, Whuan was shut down for 2 months, one month of which was Chinese New Year where 2-4 week shut downs of maunfacturing are common.

From Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Hubei_lockdowns

23 January – 8 April 2020 (2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days; most of Hubei ended on 25 March 2020; Wuhan lockdown ended on 8 April 2020)

I'd hazard to say NZ having the least cases would be more do to with being the furthest inhabited place from anywhere on the planet and secondly a very small spread out population.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

The UK Government is already realising it cannot possibly continue to support the present situation for any long time lockdown

I will give it three months maximum before they have to submit to a gradual return to "normality" whatever that may be after this pandemic is deemed over.

just my opinion for what it's worth. :tiphat:

peterfe
Posted
Posted

In case you haven't had enough of Coronavirus statistics, here are some that concern the little ones:

The Philippines seems to have no plans on reopening schools in the near future. Denmark has already done so - with a population of about 5 million compared to the Philippines over 100 million, Denmark has had only slightly fewer new cases over the last seven days. France is opening schools in May - with a population of about 60 million, it has had almost ten times as many new cases as the Philippines in the past seven days. I could continue...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

those country's are not surrounded by other countries that are land locked. Easier to control the advance. :mellow: 

Did Not help the UK, over 26,000 dead.

• Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Did Not help the UK, over 26,000 dead.

Well with the UK's past record of keeping human detritus out. :rolleyes:

Our leaky borders and the general policing of our country's immigrants is a bad joke. 

Have they even closed the Channel Tunnel, so that we are at least an island again ?

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Have they even closed the Channel Tunnel, so that we are at least an island again ?

Don't know if they have closed it or not. Should be closed, Permanently.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

New Zealand locked down even earlier than Australia and is probably the least effected country in the world as a result.

3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe extreme heat has something to do with it? Another thing is that those country's are not surrounded by other countries that are land locked. Easier to control the advance. :mellow: 

Extreme heat in New Zealand? 

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, scott h said:

Jump to search

"Give me liberty, or give me death!" is a quotation attributed to Patrick Henry

No longer a choice... nowadays you can have both! :sad:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic