Tourist VIsa

PeaceofMind
Posted
Posted

Hi! I am planning to come to the Phillipines on May 1 2024 as a tourist. I plan to stay 12 months. Just some clarification I need for now about what type of Visa I need for this situation. I am currently in Japan. My nationality is Australian. First I should apply for a tourist Visa at the Phillipine embassy in Japan. Buy a ticket heading to Manilla on May 1 and leaving Manilla on May 30 heading backs towards Tokyo. Board the plane and arrive in the Phillipines. Around May 28 go to immigration at one of the offices in the Phillipines and apply for an extension to my tourist Visa. I believe they extend the tourist Visa another 59 days. So my tourist Visa will go to July 30. Keep renewing every two months. Is my understanding correct? Thanks, Chris

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, PeaceofMind said:

Hi! I am planning to come to the Phillipines on May 1 2024 as a tourist. I plan to stay 12 months. Just some clarification I need for now about what type of Visa I need for this situation. I am currently in Japan. My nationality is Australian. First I should apply for a tourist Visa at the Phillipine embassy in Japan. Buy a ticket heading to Manilla on May 1 and leaving Manilla on May 30 heading backs towards Tokyo. Board the plane and arrive in the Phillipines. Around May 28 go to immigration at one of the offices in the Phillipines and apply for an extension to my tourist Visa. I believe they extend the tourist Visa another 59 days. So my tourist Visa will go to July 30. Keep renewing every two months. Is my understanding correct? Thanks, Chris

Welcome

So much info here already on tourist visas.

Since you are talking about 2024 who knows what will be then. Here at the moment you can just arrive and get a 30 day visa on arrival, you then can extend for another 29 days which makes the 59 you have mentioned. After that at this point you can keep extending up to 3 years.

You must have an onward ticket before leaving Japan. This can be to anywhere and does not have to be dated within 30 days.

Many topics on this forum or the BI website.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep... a lot can change during the next 4 years, but for the past few decades... easy peasy. Just arrive and then extend.

You can probably also get a 59 day visa at the Phils Embassy in Japan, before travelling...or even at NAIA in Manila, upon arrival. 

As JGF has stated... just make sure you have some sort of onward plane ticket when you arrive in the Phils. 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, PeaceofMind said:

Hi! I am planning to come to the Phillipines on May 1 2024 as a tourist. I plan to stay 12 months. Buy a ticket heading to Manilla on May 1 and leaving Manilla on May 30.. Around May 28 go to immigration at one of the offices in the Phillipines and apply for an extension to my tourist Visa. Keep renewing every two months. Is my understanding correct? Thanks, Chris

You don’t need to wait until the 28th. I would extend it much earlier. You won’t lose any validity. You will also have to apply for an ACR-I card on your second extension (Alien Certificate of Registration) which is valid for 12 months.

But as others have said, a lot could change in 4 years.

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, PeaceofMind said:

Troll. Are you waiting until you're 18 to come over?

• Like 1