ABS-CBN off the air

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:ohmy: It may seems strange but even the locals can't comprehend things at times :wink: especially those that have contact with the other world (Us that is, the Foreigner) :whatever:

Jack. Hate to agree with you but maybe the predictions you made a few conversations ago about martial law could be getting closer? :Policeman:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It's hard to stick up for them if they are biased.  There should be a law that makes media only report on the truth with no cut and paste hatchet jobs, but then again most of the media would be out of business if they had to do that.

The problem is..who would enforce this law?:ohmy:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

The problem is..who would enforce this law?:ohmy:

And there lies the problem.  Many things can be solved easily in the common man's eyes but when it affects those in charge they're not so keen on enforcing it.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

And there lies the problem.  Many things can be solved easily in the common man's eyes but when it affects those in charge they're not so keen on enforcing it.

The people in charge have no incentive to release the power that they have. Things will remain the same unfortunately.:sad:

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Mike J said:

The channel has in the past angered President Rodrigo Duterte, who correspondents say is well-known for silencing media critics.

I think that DJT would love to shut down CNN, MSNBC, and other TV Networks that have criticized him if he could. Could he?... probably not.

On a different note, I'm a subscriber to the Filipino channel (TFC) and I was enjoying watching the ABS-CBN shows with English subtitles, since I was quickly learning more and more Tagalog. I'll miss my easiest way to learn Tagalog.

• Like 4

Shady
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, graham59 said:

I honestly can't think of a more stupid action to take, during the present 'lockdown' of millions

I'd call it a strategic move because everyone is locked down, and the news, everywhere, is focused on the lock down and the pandemic. 

Marcos did it first, it's a dictator thing.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

"All this has happened before, and it will happen again"

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Shady said:

I'd call it a strategic move because everyone is locked down, and the news, everywhere, is focused on the lock down and the pandemic. 

Marcos did it first, it's a dictator thing.

Yes.

A stupid action.... to some perhaps considered 'strategic' . 

Another shot in the foot too... as with the 'unfriending' of their US protectors and benefactors.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Do what the underspent radio stations did in the uk, when they were banned. As per Radio Caroline, simply broadcast from overseas via YouTube or whatever?

Of course I’m missing showtime like a boil on the ar$e :SugarwareZ-005:

Shady
Posted
Posted

They voted for "Change is coming", well here it is.