social distancing and common sense

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry... just sort of a mini-rant that was irritating me. I feel better now...

Tom My Friend, what part of Mini do you not understand? :whistling:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tom My Friend, what part of Mini do you not understand? :whistling:

Sorry, Jack... It started out small... More of my diarrhea of my fingers on the keyboard...My bad.:sad: 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I see photos all the time of U.S. reps and senators wandering around with their masks over their mouths but not their noses

US politicians have a lot of extra nose hair that acts as a filter (lots of BS in Washington and it really smells).  They also have selective filters in the ears and over the eyes.  Allows them to see and hear the "truth of what is really happening and filters out contrary views and opinions".  Gets issued to them by senior party officials shortly after being elected.   This is also when they turn in their common sense.  Folks like us aren't allowed access to the high tech stuff they get. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Mike J said:

US politicians have a lot of extra nose hair that acts as a filter (lots of BS in Washington and it really smells).  They also have selective filters in the ears and over the eyes.  Allows them to see and hear the "truth of what is really happening and filters out contrary views and opinions".  Gets issued to them by senior party officials shortly after being elected.   This is also when they turn in their common sense.  Folks like us aren't allowed access to the high tech stuff they get. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Mike.... I think you posted this in the wrong thread? Should be listed under sarcasm? Now it is apparent that many or most of us resort to sarcasm on this forum? That topic opened my eyes to it.

So what you are really saying here regarding politicians is: See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak only evil?:89: It all makes sense to me now...thanks for the elucidation!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So what you are really saying here regarding politicians is: See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak only evil?:89: It all makes sense to me now...thanks for the elucidation!

Elucidation????  You are just trying to impress Geoff. :hystery:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You are just trying to impress Geoff. 

Hey... of course!!!

Also just to show you I can think and write using words with more than one syllable. (And as probably pronounced here - syll-ahhh-ble - like Pal-ah-wan):hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Speaking of common sense.  Yesterday I was driving and passed a group of six young guys.  I would guess they were in their 20s.  None wearing masks and two were sharing a cigarette. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L told me yesterday that now there is a "regulation?" or "advice?" that anyone who flaunts the quarantine rules can be dobbed on (ratted out) by anyone else. The violator will be fined P3,000 and the dobber will be rewarded P1,500. So I was sure to wear my mask even while driving my car... It's a bit like "1984" but it may also keep some of the flagrant violators at bay? I cannot and will not pass any judgement about this... it is beyond my ken here...

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well... happy to announce... :thumbsup:

distancing shoes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Well... happy to announce... :thumbsup:

My distancing measuring tools arrived but I was shocked everyone at the cafe were wearing them. 

noodles.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic