Northern Mindanao removed from GCQ from 16th May

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Northern Mindanao (plus other areas) no longer under community quarantine starting May 16. 

Bulletin from IATF released 12th May

1675043A-0CF1-4B27-B3CF-4BD3672C0C1B.jpeg

A98CDEE6-9A49-474B-ADE2-A05FD9665FAD.jpeg

E150CC96-3F59-4EA9-8E7B-6998AB0201B8.jpeg

8F753C03-90CA-4B1B-9768-33A32D11CBDA.jpeg

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

“Northern Mindanao (plus other areas) no longer undercommunity quarantine starting May 16.”

I saw that also, however we live in a northern Mindanao city with well over 300k people and we are staying under quarantine. According to some local doctors we have 0 active cases. There are news reports of 3 cases which has been disputed by some. Our airport is not currently allowing sweeper flights like most others. There must be something happening that the general public is unaware of. I once asked for patience and God sent me to the Philippines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I *think* Davao City will move from ECQ to GCQ on the 16th. The mayor has recently said that a GCQ is not a green light for returning to "normal" but will be materially the same as the ECQ, with some modifications. And then yesterday, the City FB page posted national guidelines for GCQ.

As I understand it, it will free up some businesses to reopen and the current FM pass will no longer be needed but people will still be required to explain their travels if asked and the ban on large gatherings will continue. I'm assuming the alcohol ban will remain as well as Madam Mayor herself does not partake of the elixir of life.

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Looks like we in Region 1 (Ilocos and Pangasinan) will be released from our house arrest too.  Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Looks like we in Region 1 (Ilocos and Pangasinan) will be released from our house arrest too.  Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Yes, keep those fingers crossed!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1274231/fwd-breaking-govt-recalls-lifting-of-coronavirus-lockdown-in-low-risk-areas-2?fbclid=IwAR1Pxt088v8AF7oT-ob49bmwF7Tg4jybtRsnWf0Mg1MwPUou2YKxCxtAH_c

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

As I understand it, it will free up some businesses to reopen and the current FM pass will no longer be needed but people will still be required to explain their travels if asked and the ban on large gatherings will continue.

Do you, JD, or anyone else know anything about obtaining any kind of special permission or pass to permit travel longer than normal for shopping or medicine?

L and I wish to visit our homebuilding site as soon as the GCQ begins, if possible. It is still within Davao City, but is about 18 kms from the city center in another town. I am positive there will be at least two checkpoints along the way? I am assuming that, if we were in some sort of violation (me being and old fart and travelling far), they would probably just turn us back rather than throw us miscreants into jail or fine us?

At some point we will also need to visit at least WilCon to select lighting and plumbing fixtures - possibly other stores too...

Any thoughts out there?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Do you, JD, or anyone else know anything about obtaining any kind of special permission or pass to permit travel longer than normal for shopping or medicine?

L and I wish to visit our homebuilding site as soon as the GCQ begins, if possible. It is still within Davao City, but is about 18 kms from the city center in another town. I am positive there will be at least two checkpoints along the way? I am assuming that, if we were in some sort of violation (me being and old fart and travelling far), they would probably just turn us back rather than throw us miscreants into jail or fine us?

At some point we will also need to visit at least WilCon to select lighting and plumbing fixtures - possibly other stores too...

Any thoughts out there?

The age restrictions remain as under ECQ,Tom.  So, unless you can convince them that your visit to the worksite is essential it shouldn't be taken under the guidance.  You may be able to convince them it's essential by saying you need to pay the workers, for example.  That's the angle I'd be looking for.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Any thoughts out there?

Just a comment... Wilcon has been open for 'essential construction' in Cagayan De Oro during the quarantine.

The basin in our bedroom CR was badly cracked... so I guess that bathroom renovation was 'essential construction repairs'?

But it's the Philippines, what actually happens is going to depend upon the people in charge of the local area.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The age restrictions remain as under ECQ,Tom.  So, unless you can convince them that your visit to the worksite is essential it shouldn't be taken under the guidance.  You may be able to convince them it's essential by saying you need to pay the workers, for example.  That's the angle I'd be looking for.  

Yeah... I read all the rules and realize that as an old poop I am still supposed to be restricted to home under the GCQ.

But yours sounds like a good idea to try - thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

Just a comment... Wilcon has been open for 'essential construction' in Cagayan De Oro during the quarantine.

So far, Wilcon is closed as is Citi Hardware. Those are our two main go to stores. The contractors have a relative who handles hardware, but even he cannot get stock or open under the local rules, apparently...:sad:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic