Northern Mindanao removed from GCQ from 16th May

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So far, Wilcon is closed as is Citi Hardware. Those are our two main go to stores. The contractors have a relative who handles hardware, but even he cannot get stock or open under the local rules, apparently...:sad:

Both Citi Hardware and Wilcon are open in CDO... bit far for you though!

These sorts of decisions seem to being made differently in different areas, although to be fair Davao does have (did have?) more cases than other parts of Mindanao :sad:

The relaxation of quarantine is for 'Northern Mindano' so that wouldn't cover Davao either I think.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

At some point we will also need to visit at least WilCon to select lighting and plumbing fixtures - possibly other stores too...

I went to all home during gcq and was asked my age and denied entry. My wife went in to make the Purchase. They allowed her to make 2 trips outside to check with me about the items. There were chairs set outside for seniors who were being assisted by store personal. 

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yeah... I read all the rules and realize that as an old poop I am still supposed to be restricted to home under the GCQ.

In our area seniors are allowed out to go to the bank even under ecq

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Do you, JD, or anyone else know anything about obtaining any kind of special permission or pass to permit travel longer than normal for shopping or medicine?

I honestly don't know, Tommy. You're supposed to stay inside of the boundaries of your "cluster" as far as I can tell. You could try the " I need to pay my poor, hungry Filipino workers" route as suggested. They might just direct you to the nearest remittance outfit. I wish you luck. I couldn't imagine having a project that important set off-limits to me!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I honestly don't know, Tommy. You're supposed to stay inside of the boundaries of your "cluster" as far as I can tell. You could try the " I need to pay my poor, hungry Filipino workers" route as suggested. They might just direct you to the nearest remittance outfit. I wish you luck. I couldn't imagine having a project that important set off-limits to me!

I am thinking that any "special" permission would probably have to come from higher up than a barangay. I would have to have L with me because she can beg our case for the two of us. Unfortunately I CAN imagine what you cannot... Sometimes officialdom here dots all i's and crosses all t's to a fault without regard to logic. Yet sometimes there is a ray of light from some of the more enlightened ones.

It may be worth a try in a way like HK suggested and see if it will fly. The contractor has an address in Lanang area which is clear on the other side of the city from the house site. He tells them he is going shopping when he is checked and always buys a bag of something to show for the return trip. But then he is a younger Filipino and that may make the difference from an older foreigner? Whatever happens, I will be sure to update the experience here...

2 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

I went to all home during gcq and was asked my age and denied entry. My wife went in to make the Purchase. They allowed her to make 2 trips outside to check with me about the items. There were chairs set outside for seniors who were being assisted by store personal. 

2 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

In our area seniors are allowed out to go to the bank even under ecq

I haven't needed to go to any ATM or bank since I loaded up with enough cash to last a while as I saw this mess approaching.

My understanding is that the GCQ is scheduled to only last until the end of the month here in Davao City? Is that correct? If so, then maybe we just wait a while longer. With the GCQ taking effect by Friday, L and I are planning on her not shopping for another week to let things settle down as people shop 'till they drop. Then she or we will take our turn after the dust - and hopefully virus particles - settle again?

So far we have only seen one checkpoint nearby and they just wave us through with hardly a glance. We make sure masks are on and she sits in the back seat across from me.

Thanks for the ideas and info..

Edited by Tommy T.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So far, Wilcon is closed as is Citi Hardware. Those are our two main go to stores. The contractors have a relative who handles hardware, but even he cannot get stock or open under the local rules, apparently...:sad:

They are probably closed as cant get staff there or not worth opening. Hardware stores were exempt from closing everywhere as far as I know but many decided not to open. Could be for the good of their staff or other reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The relaxation of quarantine is for 'Northern Mindano' so that wouldn't cover Davao either I think

Geoff here is a link to the resolution 35 that the OP posted so check the link for easier reading. Davao city will under GCQ until the end of the month. Many place like Cebu go to MECQ, modified enhanced without many changes. 

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2020/05may/20200511-IATF-RESOLUTION-NO-35.pdf 

• Thanks 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Geoff here is a link to the resolution 35 that the OP posted so check the link for easier reading. Davao city will under GCQ until the end of the month. Many place like Cebu go to MECQ, modified enhanced without many changes. 

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2020/05may/20200511-IATF-RESOLUTION-NO-35.pdf 

And here’s a link explaining the ECQ and GCQ rules: 

http://www.covid19.gov.ph/ecq-gcq-guidelines/

• Thanks 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Oh Noooooo....... They just reversed the planned for lifting of the GQ in the Western Visayas, in a few days . Rats !

• Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Oh Noooooo....... They just reversed the planned for lifting of the GQ in the Western Visayas, in a few days . Rats !

We were in ECQ, are we now moving to GCQ instead rather than nothing?  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic