Northern Mindanao removed from GCQ from 16th May

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The City Government of Davao Facebook page has a draft version of Madam Mayor's impending Executive Order switching Davao City to GCQ from ECQ. 

In this draft version:

The FM pass is still required, curfew times are still enforced, age and comorbidity restrictions are still enforced, mask wear is still enforced, and the liquor ban is still in effect. 

Clustering is lifted, religious services are allowed with safety measures, certain businesses are allowed to operate again, and transport rules have been modified. 

It's the ECQ wearing your mother's perfume...

• Sad 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

We were in ECQ, are we now moving to GCQ instead rather than nothing?  

https://www.panaynews.net/natl-govt-blinks-wv-still-on-quarantine-but-modified/

Yes, Iloilo was under ECQ but the other 3 provinces here on Panay were under GCQ and it was announced and expected initially, that we and many other places would have it relaxed to one degree or another.  But according to the article, that decision was reversed. 

I don't know if Iloilo prov. will maintain ECQ or join the rest of the other 3 provinces on island with a GCO.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did a quick check a little while ago - no new infection cases in Davao City yesterday... I am not checking every day, but that is the second time I looked in the past few days and they keep coming up 0's... fine with me!

L tells me that an infected person under quarantine "escaped." Ain't that reassuring? And not caught yet so still on the loose....wonderful! (sarcasm here)

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

https://www.panaynews.net/natl-govt-blinks-wv-still-on-quarantine-but-modified/

Yes, Iloilo was under ECQ but the other 3 provinces here on Panay were under GCQ and it was announced and expected initially, that we and many other places would have it relaxed to one degree or another.  But according to the article, that decision was reversed. 

I don't know if Iloilo prov. will maintain ECQ or join the rest of the other 3 provinces on island with a GCO.

Thanks!

We (Iloilo) are now under modified GCQ, same as the other 3 provinces now.  I understand the alcohol ban has been lifted but there will be restrictions.  

graham59
Posted
Posted

The whole thing run by headless chickens.

I've stopped even looking at all the nonsense the govt/LGUs are posting. 

What a bloody mess. Surprise surprise.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gator said:

And here’s a link explaining the ECQ and GCQ rules: 

http://www.covid19.gov.ph/ecq-gcq-guidelines/

I just gotta get through 2 weeks of MECQ and if I survive and they come up with another abbreviation I am checking in to the funny farm if I get a pass to get there :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We had a scare when it was announced that several provinces in our area were not going on GCQ.  However it was clarified that Olongapo City would be on GCQ, as an exception to Zambales province, who remain on ECQ.  Subic Bay Freeport is actually part of Bataan province and Zambales province, and will be on GCQ.  Bataan will remain on ECQ.

The residents are at the mercy of the Subic Freeport administration, so we are awaiting the final details on our lockdown.  The two big questions we want answered are A.  Can we go out and exercise?  and B. Can we go back and forth to Olongapo, where many of our services are?

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The residents are at the mercy of the Subic Freeport administration, so we are awaiting the final details on our lockdown.  The two big questions we want answered are A.  Can we go out and exercise?  and B. Can we go back and forth to Olongapo, where many of our services are?

Well since malls open here tomorrow under MECQ I would think you would be allowed out there if your GCQ but  !!!!!!!!!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well since malls open here tomorrow under MECQ I would think you would be allowed out there if your GCQ but  !!!!!!!!!

It's complicated here.  We have 3 malls in the area.  2 SM's are in Olongapo and we are not allowed to go to Olongapo.  The current speculation is that we still will not be allowed to go to Olongapo.

Within the Freeport we have one Ayala mall.  They left one side of it open the whole time, with Puregold Market, Mercury and Greenwich Pizza the only places open until last week when a couple of more restos opened for takeout and delivery.  I hope that they will open GCQ compliant businesses there.  Especially GQ Barbershop because I look like a hippy.  I hope that Handyman and Burger King will open too.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They just announced that we will be on MECQ on the 16th, not GCQ.  Now I have to figure out what that is.

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic