Bull frog season 

IMG_20200515_231018.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Were you able to buy a pellet gun?  If so, what are the requirements and procedures?  I have lost more than one dog to poisonous cane toads and also see the occasional rat.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Were you able to buy a pellet gun?  If so, what are the requirements and procedures?  I have lost more than one dog to poisonous cane toads and also see the occasional rat.

Mike... I was looking up pellet guns online yesterday, interestingly...

Unless I was mistaken in my reading the rules, one must be a Filipino citizen in order to own ANY firearm - which includes all but the toy pellet guns that shoot plastic pellets. Just the barrel of a weapon is considered to be a complete weapon under the law.

According to the article I read about the laws, the gun regulations were changed about a year ago to make them restricted nationwide. I wonder how they can police that in the town near Cebu where they manufacture everything from scatter guns to AR15 replicas?

Also, toy replicas are either illegal to own or discouraged since they have been used for intimidation during hold-ups.

Sorry I didn't quote chapter and verse or a link. That was last night late and I didn't think there was a need to provide that.

Anyway, be careful what you buy, use or display... The coconut telegraph is alive, well and lightning fast!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Just ordered one off Lazarda.... No drama 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mick said:

Just ordered one off Lazarda.... No drama 

I don't see any pellet guns on Lazada.  They have some Airsoft guns.

I have an Airsoft pistol.  It is not a pellet gun and will not harm any animals unless you are able to shoot at close range.  I shot a big frog at 5-6 feet away and he just laughed at me.

A neighbor bought a real pellet gun somewhere in MOA.  He claims his wife shot a monkey and killed it.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Unless I was mistaken in my reading the rules, one must be a Filipino citizen in order to own ANY firearm - which includes all but the toy pellet guns that shoot plastic pellets. Just the barrel of a weapon is considered to be a complete weapon under the law.

I was under the same impression.  Was wondering if things had changed for pellet guns.   If anything, they seem to be even more stringent. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Was wondering if things had changed for pellet guns. 

The way it was worded, Mike, seemed very clear that it applied to ALL guns EXCEPT the toy type like what OMW just mentioned that just shoot plastic pellets a few feet. And yes, the altered regulations became more stringent than before.

Edited by Tommy T.

Mick
Posted
Posted

Just looked on Lazarda. Your right no air rifles there now, was about 18 months ago I bought mine, as for owning one, you can't, but your wife or GF can if your asked who it belongs too

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mick said:

:89: I think you will still be in trouble if caught Firing/ having possession of it regardless, of who owns it :whatever:

Edited by Jack Peterson
grammar
  • Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The way is was worded, Mike, seemed very clear that it applied to ALL guns EXCEPT the toy type like what OMW just mentioned that just shoot plastic pellets a few feet. And yes, the altered regulations became more stringent than before.

I would not call Air Soft guns toys.  I think that technically they are illegal but their are many Air Soft clubs in the Philippines.  If you hit someone in the eye, even from farther away, that would not be good.  If you shot someone point blank, it would damage the skin.

A few weeks ago, we heard a noise in the cabinet that contains our electrical panels.  I opened it and there was a big rat stuck in there.  Some how she got stuck underneath the heavy metal panel doors that were off of the panels.  I was surprised that she could not get out.  My wife said, "just grab it and put it outside.  Use my gardening gloves".  Yeah, right!  I could not think of any other way to get rid of it, so I had to assassinate it.  It put the Air Soft gun on "automatic" machine gun mode, and held it about an inch from the rat's head.  It was still moving after the first blast, so I had to give it a second blast after a few minutes.

I waited 30 minutes then checked again.  I was surprised to find two young rats on top of their dead mommy.  The way they were positioned, I could not get very close.  I got one from about 5 inches away.  The other got away.  Cold blooded but a rat is a rat, no matter how you get rid of it.

Here is a good article about bb guns vs. air soft guns.  Pellet guns are probably more lethal than bb guns due to the larger and heavier metal ammo.

https://www.airsoftstation.com/airsoft-gun-vs-bb-gun-whats-the-difference/

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1