Amazon Shipping to PH is Back!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It appears that Amazon is shipping to Philippines again.  3-4 weeks someone mentioned that nothing was coming up as able to ship to Philippines and I had found the same.  Now, everything I checked could be shipped to Philippines.

As before, keep your total below p10,000 to avoid a customs and tax deposit.  That is about USD 197 right now.

The shipping ain't bad if you plan it and maximize it.  For instance, the slingshot I mentioned in another thread starts with shipping at about $27.  However, I can add in 2 shirts and the shipping only goes up to $37.  That is not too bad for things you need and can't get here, especially during quarantine.  I'm going to place an order and try it.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Now, everything I checked could be shipped to Philippines.

I guess it does not mean it will be delivered to anywhere once it arrives but can make its way here. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

A cautionary tale. 

I use a nasal spray to prevent allergies and have always ordered two packs of five each from Amazon.  The cost has been around $60 to $80 plus approximately $20 - $25 in shipping and "fees".  So yesterday I ordered the same two five packs, add to the cart, go to process the order, and WTF!  Five hundred dollars is shown as shipping and fees. :shock_40_anim_gif:

Changed the vendor, and the total is now $98.57.  Amazon tells you up front that shipping will probably be slower than normal. 

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I guess it does not mean it will be delivered to anywhere once it arrives but can make its way here. 

If they are still using UPS it should be fine for my area.  DHL would be even better.

• Like 2

Youngster
Posted
Posted

#OnMyWay, thanks for the info.  I didn't think Amazon would ship here.  Ordered an item and it is supposed to be here between May 21 and June 10, but I'm guessing I'll get it by June 10 or later.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Youngster said:

#OnMyWay, thanks for the info.  I didn't think Amazon would ship here.  Ordered an item and it is supposed to be here between May 21 and June 10, but I'm guessing I'll get it by June 10 or later.

When I order from Amazon UK to deliver here, it says 3 weeks delivery.  I'd say that is close to when it arrives in the Philippines but you need to then add on the time to get from Manilla to wherever you are.  That can take the same 3 weeks again! 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Youngster said:

Do you have a tracking number?  Is it being shipped via UPS?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

When I order from Amazon UK to deliver here, it says 3 weeks delivery.  I'd say that is close to when it arrives in the Philippines but you need to then add on the time to get from Manilla to wherever you are.  That can take the same 3 weeks again! 

Do you mean now or before Covid?  Before Covid, UPS would deliver iin 3-4 days for me.  That was late 2018, I think.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Do you mean now or before Covid?  Before Covid, UPS would deliver iin 3-4 days for me.  That was late 2018, I think.

Before.  Amazon UK use Philpost for delivery.   I guess I could choose a faster delivery option but I'm never in a hurry so can wait.  I haven't tried sonce Covid. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I've never used Amazon but wonder why you dont ship from Singapore? Assuming it would be cheaper shipping and quick?  I created an account with Singapore and says ship to the Philippines so looks fine.