My wife needs the latest travel info...

thailend19
Posted
Posted

She's planning to leave Manila at the end of June for the states(she has a married visa and a green card and a return ticket). Will she be able to leave Manila ? Will the U.S.Immigration at LAX present any problems for her re COVid-19?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Her airline should provide those answers.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Her airline should provide those answers.

Maybe but the goverment keep changing their minds so hard to say any more than 5 days ahead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

As JGF stated in his post, the rules are in a constant state of flux.  At this point in time there is no way to predict what the airlines will be allowed to do at the end of June.  This is frustrating for all of us, more so for others such as yourself.  Best of luck. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm in a similar situation, wife is stuck in PI thanks to bad timing, she was due to be here in Australia a month ago for a visit which obviously didn't happen. Given the rhetoric coming from the Australian government I can't see her being allowed into the country until December at best and that's being optimistic as she has no residency status here and it'll be on a tourist visa.  Our government has stated international tourism into Australia won't be happening until sometime next year but things change so we'll just have to wait and see.  

As for your situation in the US and the restrictions there, from what I've seen from reputable news sources it seems to be in flux on a daily basis so I guess it's just a "wait and see". 

As for travel to PI, I've have the impression that El Presidente (Duterte) is trying to make his reaction to the pandemic part of his legacy and will probably maintain his current hard line for some time to come so again, it's a case of "wait and see". 

Realistically, I don't think the Angry Midget (wife) and I will be seeing each other until at least February 2021 regardless of who's doing the travelling but things I've heard in the last couple of days make me believe that's being overly optimistic.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Sad 6

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Realistically, I don't think the Angry Midget (wife) and I will be seeing each other until at least February 2021 regardless of who's doing the travelling but things I've heard in the last couple of days makes me believe that's being overly optimistic.  

The Australian government have said they will consider compassionate travel applications but I don't like your chances of your wife being allowed into Australia before February given that your wife doesn't have permanent residency.  It can't hurt to ask once the mooted 'limited international travel' commences though.

• Like 3

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

Get her to fly in via Florida, they seem to have opened up already?

Today I got an email from Cebu Pacific with 3 for 2 deals on some internal flights and they expect to be flying from June 15th.

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Is your wife from Manila?  I think some of the Philippines still have travel restrictions within the country.