Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just wondered if anyone has built a small pool/plunge pool here? 

I'm starting mine today, pump and filter plus heater. Lighting are on order, and now the hardware stores are open, I can get the material needed, if anyone has built one. Any tips, things I should consider.... Picture is start of it... 

IMG_20200517_113124.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So a small pool... something like this then?    

We have a massive pool we use, in fact it's self cleaning and anyone can use it for free. It's called the sea. It's just 3 minutes stroll to the sea from our house. 

Pipe work done ready, start the slab tomorrow if no rain.... 

Posted Images

  • Forum Support

Great idea to cool off during those hot evenings. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mick said:

Any tips, things I should consider.

 

SecondHeftyArrowana.webp

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shady said:

 

SecondHeftyArrowana.webp

I like that - our plunge pool is not pumped or filtered - just filled occasionally when we want a cool down and emptied after.

Are there any ways of dealing with smaller volumes of water to keep it clean without the need for a pump and filter.

Its about 1600 x 850 x 550

1589805730305.JPEG

  • Love it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, insite said:

Are there any ways of dealing with smaller volumes of water to keep it clean

Don't let the dogs in!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have got a clorenator (maybe spelt wrong) as well..... Slow progress today too dam hot

IMG_20200518_162410.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Don't let the dogs in!

Yea - correct - but thats on the basis of fill use and empty quickly - not ongoing

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
21 hours ago, Mick said:

Just wondered if anyone has built a small pool/plunge pool here? 

I'm starting mine today, pump and filter plus heater. Lighting are on order, and now the hardware stores are open, I can get the material needed, if anyone has built one. Any tips, things I should consider.... Picture is start of it... 

IMG_20200517_113124.jpg

I am surprised that you mention a heater for the pool. :89:  We have a small pool and use it to cool off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Place a sign over it:

I Don’t Swim in Your Toilet, So Don’t Pee in My Pool!

I’d also have it translated into Tagalog and / or whatever other native languages are spoken in your extended family.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gator said:

Place a sign over it:

I Don’t Swim in Your Toilet, So Don’t Pee in My Pool!

I’d also have it translated into Tagalog and / or whatever other native languages are spoken in your extended family.

Only me and the wife...... No extended family here.... 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...