Small Pool

jimeve
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That's my one regret - being in a sub-division and relatively far from the sea.  

I'm jealous! 

It comes with noise thou, dogs, cockerels and karaoke.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That's my one regret - being in a sub-division and relatively far from the sea.  

I'm jealous! 

We're not far from the water... but it's the bay area ajoining the port and you can't swim there (even if you could you wouldn't want to).

We have to drive along the coast for about an hour to get away from the pollution so it becomes a whole "Filipino bring food, sing kareoke... oh and Geoffrey is here so we have to also swim" thing :mocking:

Haven't really got space for a swimming pool, I'm a bit jealous :)

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

It comes with noise thou, dogs, cockerels and karaoke.

Fair point - trouble is many have to suffer those and in addition have no access to the sea. 

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

Pipe work done ready, start the slab tomorrow if no rain.... 

IMG_20200520_132152.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 5/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, Mick said:

Pipe work done ready, start the slab tomorrow if no rain.... 

IMG_20200520_132152.jpg

So?!?  No update?  My wife wants an in-ground pool at the future Philippines house.  I had a large pool that came with my house in Florida long ago.  First year we were splashing in the pool every night.  Second year maybe once or twice a week.  Third year I only went out there to refresh the chemicals.  I still like the idea of a pool, though.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

SI had a large pool that came with my house in Florida long ago.  First year we were splashing in the pool every night.  Second year maybe once or twice a week.  Third year I only went out there to refresh the chemicals.  I still like the idea of a pool, though.

I went through something similar, the ex wife wanted a pool (and I wasn't against the idea to be fair) and the kids used it a lot in the summer.  But after we'd had it for about 3 years I think I used it maybe once a month.  And I got sick of cleaning it and refreshing the chemicals so we ended up hiring a pool company to do it (which was an added expense on top of the electric heating and pumps).

It would be a year around usable thing in the Philippines though and it's hotter so more use.

You're right though... I still like the idea of a pool (and a pool boy to do the cleaning and chemicals would be cheap in the Philippines).

• Like 2