12 month multi entry visa

chappie
Posted
Posted

hello this is my first post on this forum.
i have searched for a answer to my problem but could not find one that is why i am seeking advice
once this lockdown is over i am planning on returning to the philippines but i intend to go to the philippine embassy in london to aquire a 12 month multi entry visa.
this is what i am hoping would happen.
i enter the philippines and after 59 days go to immigration and get another 59 day stamp, or do i have to leave the country  ?
if the former can i keep doing this , just go to immigration every 59 days.
i hope someone can help

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is there a reason you want a multiple entry visa? Are you intending on going in and out or staying for 3 years as a tourist? 

chappie
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is there a reason you want a multiple entry visa? Are you intending on going in and out or staying for 3 years as a tourist? 

i am planning on staying a long time just didnt want the hassle of going to immigration every 29 days, i thought getting a 12 month visa would stop that, also if i did not have to leave i would prefer to stay. When i was in Vietnam i had 3 month visa but had to leave the country and re enter

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You can stay up to three years without leaving.  You can extend your visa for up to six months at a time. 

chappie
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You can stay up to three years without leaving.  You can extend your visa for up to six months at a time. 

so what would you advice, just arrive on a 30 day entry visa, then go immigration and a for a 6 month visa, if so would i still have to go immigration periodically ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, chappie said:

i am planning on staying a long time just didnt want the hassle of going to immigration every 29 days, i thought getting a 12 month visa would stop that, also if i did not have to leave i would prefer to stay. When i was in Vietnam i had 3 month visa but had to leave the country and re enter

You dont have to renew every 29 days. After the first 59 days, (30 days on arrival and first extension) you can get a 6 month extension then up to three years. Usually visas are 1 month, 2 or 6 but you have 3 years before you need to go out and back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just now, chappie said:

so what would you advice, just arrive on a 30 day entry visa, then go immigration and a for a 6 month visa, if so would i still have to go immigration periodically ?

You can get an accredited agent to go for you if you did not want to. Of Course you have to pay them. Other visa options depending on your situation.

• Like 1

chappie
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You dont have to renew every 29 days. After the first 59 days, (30 days on arrival and first extension) you can get a 6 month extension then up to three years. Usually visas are 1 month, 2 or 6 but you have 3 years before you need to go out and back.

that sounds like good advice, will do.  thanks

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, chappie said:

that sounds like good advice, will do.  thanks

That's what most do and I do too.

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

you can get a 6 month extension then up to three years.

That 6 month extension seems to be hit or miss. Initially you could only get 2 of them and they had to be after your first 59 day extensions.  Then starting last year you couldn't get it all if you were under 60 or whatever age they decided. What the rules will be later this year is anyone's guess.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1