12 month multi entry visa

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

The other benefit of just doing the tourist on entry and renewing it is that you get to drive on your Western drivers license for 3 months, I tend to travel every three months or so so popping in and out lets me drive legally here without a Filipino license which from reports is hard (impossible?) to get on a tourist visa these days.

If you decide you'd like to stay here the SRRV visas are quite a good deal compared to the rest of SE Asia too, especially if you are retired military.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Shady said:

Then starting last year you couldn't get it all if you were under 60 or whatever age they decided. 

Yes I was told I could not get a 6 month Visa extension last time, even before I said anything.  When I said I was only there for my first extension the lady behind the counter looked relieved and said she could do that one.  From the way she looked and acted  I suspect a previous expat hadn’t been happy about a 6 month Visa refusal (bad attitude helps none of us).

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Shady said:

That 6 month extension seems to be hit or miss. Initially you could only get 2 of them and they had to be after your first 59 day extensions.  Then starting last year you couldn't get it all if you were under 60 or whatever age they decided. What the rules will be later this year is anyone's guess.

My own personal experience here is different to the above.  

I am just 3 weeks away from the expiration of my 5th x 6 month visa.  I am also still below 60 years of age.  Based in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental.

Edited by Eddie1
Change of wording.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

My own personal experience here leads me to disagree with the above.  

I am just 3 weeks away from the expiration of my 5th x 6 month visa.  I am also still below 60 years of age.  Based in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental.

I think it will depend on the office, time of day or the mood of both staff and the one wanting it. As always in most answers here there's a YMMV . I asked immigration and will see what the persons reply will be.

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

I am just 3 weeks away from the expiration of my 5th x 6 month visa.

In a row? Never happened in Cebu, apparently the rules depend on the region.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Shady said:

In a row? Never happened in Cebu, apparently the rules depend on the region.

Yep, all in a row.  Actually the first of the 5 was issued in Cebu as Dumaguete at that time was only offering a maximum of '2 month' visas, however Cebu was able to offer a 6 month visa. The following 4 visas of 6 months each were issued here in Dumaguete.  I agree though that there is no consistency and different immigration offices sadly tend to do their own thing.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

I am just 3 weeks away from the expiration of my 5th x 6 month visa

I wish you good future fortune with that.  After a few forum members ask questions of the BI saying "Eddie can get it so why can't I" then someone will likely put a stop to Eddie getting it. :7481:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wish you good future fortune with that.  After a few forum members ask questions of the BI saying "Eddie can get it so why can't I" then someone will likely put a stop to Eddie getting it. :7481:

Up until 2 weeks ago in Dumaguete when the BI stopped issuing visas they were still offering the 2 month or the 6 month visa.  To my knowledge it hasn't been a problem for the past 2 years in getting a 6 month visa in Dumaguete BI.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

Iloilo does offer the 6 month visa but asks/requires that you be married to a filipina and/or have filipino children.  Be prepared to show them, preferably in person.

• Sad 1