Please have some empathy for those suffering from the economic lockdown

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Yesterday I went to town to buy some medicine.  I noticed that the small shop where my wife gets her hair cut was open.  I stepped in and the owner was there.  I ask if he was open and he said yes.  I asked how he was able to open and the other shops were closed.  He said; "I have diabetes, if I can't work, I can't buy insulin."  I got a haircut.  Paid him for two haircuts plus tips because my hair had gotten so long during lockdown.   

You need to be careful about that.  I think I read that in Bataan a salon owner and some customers were arrested because the salon was open.  If I can find the article I will post it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You need to be careful about that.  I think I read that in Bataan a salon owner and some customers were arrested because the salon was open.  If I can find the article I will post it.

Negros Oriental, barbers are officially allowed to be open. Don't know about anywhere else.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Negros Oriental, barbers are officially allowed to be open. Don't know about anywhere else.

MGCQ, they  are allowed to open.  MECQ, supposed to stay closed.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

MGCQ, they  are allowed to open.  MECQ, supposed to stay closed.

We are on GCQ The restaurants are open too but must obey the social distant.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

We are on GCQ The restaurants are open too but must obey the social distant.

Lucky guy.  I finally can't take my long hair anymore.  I'm going to let my wife have a whack at it!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Lucky guy.  I finally can't take my long hair anymore.  I'm going to let my wife have a whack at it!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

Mine did yesterday and is as pleased as punch. :6:

I think she got up  the courage after cutting our 4 yr. old's hair (trapped here with us for the quarantine duration)  while the real mother watched her do it live on FB video chat. It was a great success, so took her scissors and comb to me.  

Not much of a job since the roof is sparse and she only has to focus on the siding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, manofthecoldland said:

Mine did yesterday and is as pleased as punch. :6:

I think she got up  the courage after cutting our 4 yr. old's hair (trapped here with us for the quarantine duration)  while the real mother watched her do it live on FB video chat. It was a great success, so took her scissors and comb to me.  

Not much of a job since the roof is sparse and she only has to focus on the siding.

My wife has been cutting my hair for years and shortly after we moved here bought new 220vt Wahl clippers at S&R.  Since then she trims the hair on my head and back.  Love her.  Shes a keeper!:dance:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, intrepid said:

My wife has been cutting my hair for years and shortly after we moved here bought new 220vt Wahl clippers at S&R.  Since then she trims the hair on my head and back.  Love her.  Shes a keeper!:dance:

I would have had my wife do it a while ago but what we are missing is a good pair of scissors!  The best pair we have is the ones I have on my desk!  My hair is very thick and can be hard to cut.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I'm starting to look like my old self again...  :huh:

0000840.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I considered that also but after seeing the job she did on the dog I decided I would wait. :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic