Please have some empathy for those suffering from the economic lockdown

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Lucky guy.  I finally can't take my long hair anymore.  I'm going to let my wife have a whack at it!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

I only did that once and then I hid the hair cutting kit.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, earthdome said:

Starving rats are resorting to war and cannibalism to survive coronavirus lockdown

Mother Nature or Divine Intervention will devastate mankind every 1000 years.  Sounds absurd, doesn't it?  Like another apocalyptic doomsday movie.  But if you're a student of modern history, it is mankind destroying itself.  With the increase population of rodents, insects and other wild life that thrive in areas of the dead or dying human flesh, will there be another doomsday scenario where governments and media prove to themselves once again,  that they are blundering idiots?  

Will there be a new carrier of deadly diseases, a new vector that's already within the living confines of humans?  A new super race of rats, much bigger and stronger?  Natural selection by survivor of the fittest can also apply to rodents, right?

What does the future hold for our children and grandchildren?    

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 AM, Kuya John said:

However surely as Human beings we should value Empathy Compassion and Humility towards those less fortunate than ourselves.

( Written as my Filipino friend is fighting for life, while doctors decide who has the best chances of survival, all I can do is pray )

Here is a case where this suffering can and will affect your friends and love ones, even though one might say "it will never happen to me".  Not only a medical crisis of global proportion but also an economic crisis as well. 

I sincerely hope and pray that your friend survives his ordeal.  Respectfully Jake 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

within the living confines of humans?  A new super race of rats, much bigger and stronger

Hey, I think I may have spotted some of these mutants. They look like humans, but act otherwise.... many seem to be popping up on the nightly news.:SugarwareZ-004:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

A new super race of rats, much bigger and stronger?  Natural selection by survivor of the fittest can also apply to rodents, right?

About 10 years ago, when sojourning in the Marshal Islands, I would see the local rats - big as small cats - as they would lumber around restaurants and gatherings on the beach. They were so big and fat that they could not run - and there did not seem to be any reason to run either...nobody cared and few, if anyone, seemed to have cats - just dogs.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/20/2020 at 5:36 AM, Mike J said:

Yesterday I went to town to buy some medicine.  I noticed that the small shop where my wife gets her hair cut was open.  I stepped in and the owner was there.  I ask if he was open and he said yes.  I asked how he was able to open and the other shops were closed.  He said; "I have diabetes, if I can't work, I can't buy insulin."  I got a haircut.  Paid him for two haircuts plus tips because my hair had gotten so long during lockdown.   

Your most fortunate to have so much hair.....Nice kind gesture Kudos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jake said:

Will there be a new carrier of deadly diseases, a new vector that's already within the living confines of humans?  A new super race of rats, much bigger and stronger?  Natural selection by survivor of the fittest can also apply to rodents, right?

What does the future hold for our children and grandchildren?    

Maybe we could look at 'our' recent past when not only rats were cannibals.... see attached file, an interesting if gruesome read (just found it searching huamns and canibalism) on Stalinist Russia (engineered) food shortages and Maoist China

cannibalism-stalin-mao.pdf

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic