The Canadian’s case should serve as another warning to other foreigners that their stay in the country is not a right but a mere privilege

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

How about a state?

Being a born and raised San Diegan, we always considered ourselves special,,,,,,,,,,,,,but as much as they like to think so, California is not a Nation :hystery:

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Show me a country that doesn't process criminal non-citizens for deportation, weather legal residence at the time of the crime  or not.

If you break the law, you do your time and get sent home. No sympathy here

SWEDEN!!!!! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

But I agree with you on the second part of the quote above :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

If somebody says you broke the law, you wait 2 years in a detention center for a court date and then get sent home. No sympathy here

fixed it for you:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

the cases against Mayko was initiated by a Filipino businesswoman

Hard to understand this English.  "Cases (plural) was initiated".  If all the cases against him were initiated by one woman then the whole thing smells bad to me.  It is interesting to see responses from people who automatically assume the guy did something.  It could just as easily be he did nothing.  If he did nothing when the "Filipino businesswoman" was arguing with him and telling him what to do then that would piss off a lot of "businesswomen" and the smart ones know how to stick a knife in.

Just another way of looking at it.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Show me a country that doesn't process criminal non-citizens for deportation, weather legal residence at the time of the crime  or not.

If you break the law, you do your time and get sent home. No sympathy here

My point was that every time something hits the news the BI or someone has to mention it. The part about reminding us. People get arrested in my country or yours all the time but l never see a reminder that they are aliens with no rights. 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hard to understand this English.  "Cases (plural) was initiated".  If all the cases against him were initiated by one woman then the whole thing smells bad to me.  It is interesting to see responses from people who automatically assume the guy did something.  It could just as easily be he did nothing.  If he did nothing when the "Filipino businesswoman" was arguing with him and telling him what to do then that would piss off a lot of "businesswomen" and the smart ones know how to stick a knife in.

Just another way of looking at it.

Of course, one would have to file a case to say the foreigner was working without a permit, then another case for this or that. If he took over a business which he probably paid for but not in his name then thats a case. If he sold items from that business that supposedly belonged to someone else then another case has to be filed for theft and so on.  Im sure he has his reasons like broke up with the woman or her daughter, took back what he paid for etc. 

But in the end it goes back to what we are reminded of. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

but l never see a reminder that they are aliens with no rights

https://www.citizensjournal.us/exclusive-illegal-alien-alleged-drug-trafficker-on-the-loose-after-sanctuary-authorities-let-him-go-ice-says/

guess it just depends where you look, googled "illegal alien criminal to be deported" this was the second on the search results. 

The bottom line for me is that if a person violates the law they should not be surprised when the law is enforced :smile: 

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wonder if this guy had his ECC

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, RBM said:

Tommy as the OP stated we have heard but one side so far.

Yes, this is true. And, as JGF points out, there does seem to be a tilt toward sensationalism on the part of the press regarding foreigners... So, perhaps I should have phrased my comment simpler and just stated that if or when a foreigner breaks local laws or violates customs, then he deserves whatever punishment is appropriate...and to reiterate comments already made on the forum so many times, that we must be careful to behave and respect the culture of the place where we are guests? As far as reporting or comments from involved government entities... those will continue as they wish. I just hope they don't adversely affect locals' view of foreigners living here who do not misbehave.

I can see both sides of the situation - he says, she says. It will be interesting to see what transpires...

• Like 2