LTO new online payment site

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

I tried to sign up but it is asking for my ACR card, dont have one im here on a balikbayan visa. So no soup for me.......

softail
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

I tried to sign up but it is asking for my ACR card, dont have one im here on a balikbayan visa. So no soup for me.......

I’m here on a balikbayan as well, I applied and received my ACR card. They just ask that you have one year left on your stay. Apply right after you renew your balikbayan.

• Hmm thinking 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

Don't want to hijack this posting but what advantage is there to having a ACR card? beside the obvious " pay LTO Fees online" lol.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I use the online BIR site - works very well with no issues.  Some things here do work after all.

Yes and I dont know why many are always negative when at least some things are modernising or at least trying to and with anything often a few glitches along the way until bugs are ironed out. Look at the USA claim your $1200 issues everyone complained about and coming from a first world country.

The BI announced today for digitalised arrival cards. What have we to say about that? 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1695757830562917?__tn__=K-R

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The BI announced today for digitalised arrival cards. What have we to say about that? 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1695757830562917?__tn__=K-R

It would depend upon how it is implemented, if they release an app that can be accessed on a phone then it would be speed things up but if they put a few terminals in the arrivals hall where you have to answer the questions on a screen it would create extra lines of people waiting.

I'll reserve judgement until I see how it's done.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Can you post the link to the sign up web site please?  I can't see to find it...

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

I have zero faith in the security of my biometrics online here, Americans will understand the dangers of identity theft. I'll be going in personally to do all my transactions.

Though I must give credit where it is due, The Philippines is modernising. Now if the post office could find my tracked packages that went missing.....

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Can you post the link to the sign up web site please?  I can't see to find it...

Was in first post, https://portal.lto.gov.ph/ords/f?p=1200:HOME::::::  , sort of

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

It would depend upon how it is implemented, if they release an app that can be accessed on a phone then it would be speed things up but if they put a few terminals in the arrivals hall where you have to answer the questions on a screen it would create extra lines of people waiting.

I'll reserve judgement until I see how it's done.

The story says this and gives you the answer :thumbsup:

The portal provides fast and 24/7 access to the agency's services via computer, tablet or smartphone.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The story says this and gives you the answer :thumbsup:

The portal provides fast and 24/7 access to the agency's services via computer, tablet or smartphone.

I looked at the story web site and missed that... opps :bonk: