CCTV WIFI Wireless Outdoor Camera

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would like to install a CCTV system around the house and had thought to use a WIFI Wireless instillation which seems inexpensive to purchase and easy to install and set up.

There are many options available on Shopee and I would look at a 64GB system something like this to do the job

https://shopee.ph/EVKVO-FREE-Power-Adapter-IR-White-Lamp-Night-Vision-YCC365-PLUS-APP-Rotate-Outdoor-Wireless-HD-1080P-WIFI-PTZ-IP-Camera-CCTV-Auto-Tracking-Two-Way-Audio-4x-ZOOM-Motion-Detection-Alarm-ONVIF-P2P-Home-Security-Surveillance-Camera-i.52509186.4803025727

( hope there is no problem posting this link )

Have any of our members done this of recent that would care to give some feedback ?

Edited by insite
checking
  • Like 2

RobH
Posted
Posted

We Have a Scouter system 16 cameras. We tried the wireless version but it didn't have the power to penetrate the walls, so went for a wired type. I would say its ok for comparatively short distances, but we have a big lot, worse at night the IR lights don't have much range at night. I am going to see what is available in a zoom and steer. One of the cameras has gone black and white, another is far too light. and the fan in the main controller has packed up so typical Chinese. We can't get it fixed till the lockdown finishes .

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use Wyze cameras.  Mostly because a friend gave me one for free, just to goof around with. I liked it and ordered more (cameras, motion sensors, contact alarms). I figure most are about the same. The Wyze seems to be very dependable, never had any problems with the camera or communication to my network(other than standard Filipino interweb issues).  I like being able to check the house, away from home. The only thing I do not like is that I have to open each camera separately, no "one view" screen to see them all - like what many stores have (also Google Home says it connects to them, but will not display them). 

I am getting some work done on the front porch and will mount a camera to record it all. Hoping for a fun time lapse video project 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I use Wyze cameras.  Mostly because a friend gave me one for free, just to goof around with. I liked it and ordered more (cameras, motion sensors, contact alarms). I figure most are about the same. The Wyze seems to be very dependable, never had any problems with the camera or communication to my network(other than standard Filipino interweb issues).  I like being able to check the house, away from home. The only thing I do not like is that I have to open each camera separately, no "one view" screen to see them all - like what many stores have (also Google Home says it connects to them, but will not display them). 

I am getting some work done on the front porch and will mount a camera to record it all. Hoping for a fun time lapse video project 

Looks like you are using an IP camera and thats probably why you cant view all views at the same time. Is the app set up correctly? 

• Like 1