Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good day everybody,  I am getting close to take the plunge to stay in the Philippines RE  marriage , house  etc etc,  would somebody clarify  the (13A ) visa is this mandatory, or we are given a time  period , or is it optional, these Embassies are Eager to post all the fees.  is there another type of visa for us expats, it seems that half the train is left in the tunnel. anyone out there with some clarity will be greatly appreciated.

DR B J Dent

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
2 minutes ago, Barrie J Dent said:

Good day everybody,  I am getting close to take the plunge to stay in the Philippines RE  marriage , house  etc etc,  would somebody clarify  the (13A ) visa is this mandatory, or we are given a time  period , or is it optional, these Embassies are Eager to post all the fees.  is there another type of visa for us expats, it seems that half the train is left in the tunnel. anyone out there with some clarity will be greatly appreciated.

DR B J Dent

Barrie

Do you ever read the other topics you start? 

Also do you take notice of what forum you post them in such as I moved this out of the social club forum to immigration which is more suited to your topic.

Starting to be hard work. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support

With all respect Barrie, you seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse.  Come here for a visit.  You are allowed 30 days on arrival.  You can, if you wish, extend your visit to 59 days at the airport.  Meet your lady.  If it all is well, you will need to get a "tourist visa".  You can extend a tourist visa for up to a three years from your original date of entry.  During that time you may decide to marry.  If that happens there will be a lengthy process involved.  If you marry you can apply for a 13A visa.  As a foreigner you cannot buy property, but you can get long term leases on property (50 + 25 years). 

We are a helpful bunch, but as JGF mentioned this information has been discussed at great length on the forum.  Educate yourself, then you can ask specific instead of general questions.   You can also hire agents who will assist you in doing all that is required to remain legal while residing here.  Best of luck. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/permanent-resident-visa#

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 13a is not mandatory. I know some married guys that have been here for many years and never got one.  I have used the tourist visa, balikbayan stamp, and 13a. For me, I like the 13a.

  • Some guys prefer the balikbayan stamp. It is a one year stamp allowing you to stay, with no fees of check in - but you have to enter the country with your spouse. For my friends it means an annual vacation somewhere in Asia.   
  • The tourist visa is extendable up to 36 months, leave the country and come back for another 36 months.
  • SRRV is a retirement visa. More expensive but has some benefits (like dealing with Dept of Tourism, not Immigration)
  • 13a is easy and cheap, but will cost you more in fees if you leave the country. 
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

With all respect Barrie, you seem to be putting the cart in front of the horse.  Come here for a visit.  You are allowed 30 days on arrival.  You can, if you wish, extend your visit to 59 days at the airport.  Meet your lady.  If it all is well, you will need to get a "tourist visa".  You can extend a tourist visa for up to a three years from your original date of entry. 

With his topics all over the place he has said he has been here once for a short visit. He is getting married when he gets back. Personally I know I should mind my own business but from what he has said and almost no knowledge of the Philippines he is setting himself up for disaster. 

If he's profile image is real then he appears not young, as l said knows nothing about the place and is running around like a chook with no head and for what?

Probably lose all his money, house, you name it all for when he should slow down, come here and live with the woman for a time then decide what's best.

That concludes today's rant. Back to your regular viewing.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:37 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

With his topics all over the place he has said he has been here once for a short visit. He is getting married when he gets back. Personally I know I should mind my own business but from what he has said and almost no knowledge of the Philippines he is setting himself up for disaster. 

If he's profile image is real then he appears not young, as l said knows nothing about the place and is running around like a chook with no head and for what?

Probably lose all his money, house, you name it all for when he should slow down, come here and live with the woman for a time then decide what's best.

That concludes today's rant. Back to your regular viewing.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Definitely agree JGF.  This guy is another Big Mac waiting to happen.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
On 5/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

That concludes today's rant. Back to your regular viewing.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

It was nice to not read about corona. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...