23 barangay execs face raps over SAP

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Mick said:

Oh yes and it's very top heavy...... I was told 10 years ago here, if you want to get rich in the Philippines, become a priest or a government official.... And from experience I can confirm both are true

Actually, that's true all over the Pacific islands, Mick. Go to American Samoa and look at the really nice cars the pastors/priests drive and the nice houses where they live, for example. Same thing with the higher up government hacks... Same thing, more or less, in virtually every island group I visited...

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Actually, that's true all over the Pacific islands, Mick. Go to American Samoa and look at the really nice cars the pastors/priests drive and the nice houses where they live, for example. Same thing with the higher up government hacks... Same thing, more or less, in virtually every island group I visited...

And the sad thing is here with the Church, deep down the people know it, but are pressured into giving donations for fear of gossip, or being ungodly, religion is the biggest scam on this planet

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/23/2020 at 9:30 AM, Mick said:

And the sad thing is here with the Church, deep down the people know it, but are pressured into giving donations for fear of gossip, or being ungodly, religion is the biggest scam on this planet

L. Ron Hubbard — 'You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.'  Founder of Scientology. 

• Love it 1
  • Sad 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

L. Ron Hubbard — 'You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.'  Founder of Scientology. 

I had this conversation with the wife a few nights ago, I actually said to her she should start her own cult/religion, make us rich.... 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 5/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

“Do not open, sarge, because it is for the group,”

This Sargent should get an award.   :thumbsup:  Also an investigation should be conducted of the "group."  Maybe it would encourage others to be more honest.:tiphat:

graham59
Posted
Posted

According to the news tonight....it's gone up to 132 (being investigated) now.  

Maybe soon it will outstrip the Covid19 deaths. :unsure:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

According to the news tonight....it's gone up to 132 (being investigated) now.  

Maybe soon it will outstrip the Covid19 deaths. :unsure:

What are you answering? 

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, Old55 said:

The tip of the iceberg. :popcorn:

Me thinks that I've seen this movie over and over again. :89:

So, maybe it's another one of those classic movies/films?... Like 'Gone with the Wind'?... or 'Casablanca'?

gone2.JPGcasa.JPG

But I always seem to see things that I somehow missed before, whenever I watch a classic over again and again. 

So, maybe we'll need some more of this?

popcorn.JPG

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What are you answering? 

Clue is in the thread title. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, Mike J said:

Science fiction lore has it that L. Ron Hubbard created that religion which you can not criticize as part of a bet between a number of SF writers on whether one of them could create a religion.

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/2671/is-there-any-evidence-for-the-bet-between-robert-a-heinlein-and-l-ron-hubbard

Edited by earthdome

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic