So much for the "Swedish way"!

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Viking said:

You dont sound like a Swede, Swedes never revolt, we just talk, or maybe thats just what you are doing :tongue:

Ha... tell Ragnar Lothbrok that!!!

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have little faith in that but it would be nice.

I'm willing to bet you a case of San Miguel that we'll have not just one vaccine but alternative vaccines by the end of 2021 :cheersty:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm willing to bet you a case of San Miguel that we'll have not just one vaccine but alternative vaccines by the end of 2021 :cheersty:

If you are willing to bet a case of Corona we have a deal! :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I compare how we handled the virus compared to Philippines or Thailand, and I am really happy I live in Sweden at the moment. People are getting arrested for standing outside their houses. Crazy facist states, show their true colours now. For me that is insanity, how they dare to tell people to not go outside at all. I would revolt.

In another topic you talk about coming to the Philippines and sleeping in nature etc - If I were you I'd reconsider the wisdom of that based on your comments above. One of the key skills needed to get by here is to accept things you may not agree with or like.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

One of the key skills needed to get by here is to accept things you may not agree with or like.

Red Horse?   :whistling:

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Nah...it's a great beer!

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

If you want to be truly accepted by the locals try drinking "barkada" style using the empty jelly jar as a glass and passing it from person to person.   Best done without a face mask. :hystery:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Mike J said:

If you want to be truly accepted by the locals try drinking "barkada" style using the empty jelly jar as a glass and passing it from person to person.   Best done without a face mask. :hystery:

I've done the shared glass thing a few times with extended family over at Ozamiz but that was in the early days, they keep a good glass for me for when we visit now.

And don't forget the tubes of ice sitting in a bowl that everyone picks up broken bits of with their hands for the glass :)

wouldn't be surprised if lots of locals still do the shared glass thing even with Covid, I wonder if that's one of the reasons for the alcohol restrictions?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, peterfe said:

Well, I've just looked at daily new cases for Sweden for the first time since the beginning of April, and they are still at the same level! Whereas cases in all the other Scandinavian countries have decreased a lot!

On 5/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, hk blues said:

The Swedes are saying they are taking the hit now but believe their strategy will be shown to be the best in the long run. I totally get their point but still feel instinctively they chose the wrong strategy. 

The timelines of when an outbreak starts and peaks are important to analyze.  The U.S. is a big place with widely separated areas, in many cases.  So you see the start and peak at much different times.  Sweden was on the uphill slope when thread this started.  Here is the latest.

Screenshot (372).png Screenshot (371).png

peterfe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

The timelines of when an outbreak starts and peaks are important to analyze.  The U.S. is a big place with widely separated areas, in many cases.  So you see the start and peak at much different times.  Sweden was on the uphill slope when thread this started.  Here is the latest.

Hmm.... Interesting. But I think the jury's still out on this one, just as it is on almost everything else to do with Covid-19.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic