So much for the "Swedish way"!

Boss Jason
Posted
Posted

Haven't read the whole topic but I'll add my two pesos anyway :smile:

We've seen over the last week or so that the cases are sky rocketing here, but you have to ask why? It must be attributed to the testing and more specifically the areas that they are testing in.

When you look at the pattern of the deaths, they simply aren't rising at a comparable rate, so either the virus is weakening but still extremely infectious, or the medical staff have worked out how to handle it.

I think if you could see a really pinpointed map of exactly where the infections were coming from, that would show a picture of it sweeping through places that are over crowded to begin with (trying to keep that terminology tactful)...

I also think hindsight is wonderful, I suspect I already had this virus back in Feb/Mar - went to the doctor and it was passed off as suspected pneumonia,  but it was unlike any chest infection I'd ever had before. Because I'd not had any recent travel Covid was immediately ruled out, which is understandable, but hindsight as I said, I was working in a large office building with thousands of Chinese workers, many that would arrive on a daily basis with a suitcase or two - so who knows, I do know if I had those same symptoms today I would be tested...

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Boss Jason said:

I also think hindsight is wonderful, I suspect I already had this virus back in Feb/Mar - went to the doctor and it was passed off as suspected pneumonia,  but it was unlike any chest infection I'd ever had before.

I know a few people who think they had it but never got tested.  I'm not sure, but I think here in the Philippines, if you tested positive for anything (anti-bodies or the virus) you are going on a 14 day quarantine.  Is that a correct statement?

Here in the Freeport, two residents tested positive without symptoms and were required to be in a quarantine facility.  The Freeport Covid rules are probably more strict than other areas for how the quarantine is done.  However, one of them refused and thus had to pay for 24 hour security at his house, for the duration of the quarantine. 

Boss Jason
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure, but I think here in the Philippines, if you tested positive for anything (anti-bodies or the virus) you are going on a 14 day quarantine.  Is that a correct statement?

Not sure, but I'm not going anywhere near any quarantine facility, Harry can call it a vacation as much as he likes but it isn't to me haha.

Having said that, I've effectively been quarantined since the middle of March, I remember being in the office and the message came out that everybody had to be out within 30 minutes - that was the most hectic 30 minutes of my life, I quite like just chilling at home now lol

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Boss Jason said:

Not sure, but I'm not going anywhere near any quarantine facility

That is my thought too.  If I had to be quarantined, I think I would go for the guard at my home too.

• Like 3

peterfe
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Sweden was on the uphill slope when thread this started.  Here is the latest.

Screenshot (372).png Screenshot (371).png

Just had a look at Worldometer for Sweden, Norway and Denmark (I don't look at it very often in case I become terminally depressed :571c66d400c8c_1(103):). Even though Sweden has made a big improvement, they still have more recent cases and recent deaths than Norway and Denmark, in relation to population size. Then people will raise the old argument about more suicides, mental health problems, domestic violence in the stricter countries. But unless 5% of the Norwegian population had tied a rock to their legs and jumped in the nearest fjord, which they haven't, it's impossible to prove or disprove that argument. So don't bother trying, folks, let's just wait for the vaccine :smile:. I see the Russians seem to be ahead on that one, but I shall refrain from starting a thread called "Hats off to Russia"...

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, peterfe said:

I see the Russians seem to be ahead on that one, but I shall refrain from starting a thread called "Hats off to Russia"...

Yes, they just released the results of their stage 4 double blind study.  Looks promising!  :hystery:

Screenshot (380).png

Edited by OnMyWay
Stage, not state!
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2020 at 8:56 PM, OnMyWay said:

Here in the Freeport, two residents tested positive without symptoms and were required to be in a quarantine facility.  The Freeport Covid rules are probably more strict than other areas for how the quarantine is done.  However, one of them refused and thus had to pay for 24 hour security at his house, for the duration of the quarantine. 

We have 2 positive cases in my condo building, same tower and they are quarantined in their unit and another in Tower one so not sure what the rules are.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic