Lockdown end?

Mnorman
Posted
Posted

Hi

new to this site. Returning to Philippines in July   

How does NCR look as regards quaratines that far out?

mike

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mnorman said:

How does NCR look as regards quaratines that far out?

Ill be honest Mn…….....there is just no way to tell:boohoo:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Ill be honest Mn…….....there is just no way to tell:boohoo:

And it is not just the cases and status in the NCR.  There is currently no way to know when , or under what conditions, tourists will be allowed to enter from countries that still dealing with the virus.  And the USA looks like that could very well be the case.  :89:

• Like 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

It's going to be up in the air for a while. I bought a ticket on Philippine airlines for the non stop cebu to lax on 2 June. So far it has been changed 4 times, now it has me leaving cebu on the 3rd to manila but not leaving manila until the 7th. Looks like I'm going to stay put for awhile.

• Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

May as well throw your 2020 calendar away for starters.  :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

There is currently no way to know when , or under what conditions, tourists will be allowed to enter from countries that still dealing with the virus.  And the USA looks like that could very well be the case.  :89:

I suspect that many countries are going to be slow to open their borders to US citizens given the rates of infection there... this very sad front page from the New York Times (which consists of 1% of the names of the deceased) is currently doing the rounds of social media :sad:

New York Times.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I agree with you completely. Thinking about it, the logical reason for restrictions in many places is maybe because of what we see without them - lack of self control and/or lack of compassion or caring what consequences one's actions will have on others?

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I agree with you completely. Thinking about it, the logical reason for restrictions in many places is maybe because of what we see without them - lack of self control and/or lack of compassion or caring what consequences one's actions will have on others?

I absolutely accept that the alcohol ban was done to curb bad behaviour and/or to help ensure what little money there was was spent on the necessities - on a level i can understand that. But, it's so much like treating people like kids and saying they cannot be responsible. It's a poor message and indicative of how people here are viewed by above.

As most of us can have predicted, alcohol was available if you knew who to ask but at an inflated price. Hell, I paid 60php each for 24 cans of SM Light that the seller had just bought for 42php in the supermarket!

Gator
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

It's going to be up in the air for a while. I bought a ticket on Philippine airlines for the non stop cebu to lax on 2 June. So far it has been changed 4 times, now it has me leaving cebu on the 3rd to manila but not leaving manila until the 7th. Looks like I'm going to stay put for awhile.

Fares are cheap right now, but expected to rise soon. If booked by May 31st, American Airlines is allowing to change the travel dates (Flex Fare) with no extra fees so I also booked my flight, but for October. Hope things settle down by then. I’ll hold off on making plans for a car service to go direct to my apartment in Angeles until I know for sure that I won’t have to self quarantine in Manila first.  

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic