Lockdown end?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

accept that the alcohol ban was done to curb bad behaviour and/or to help ensure what little money there was was spent on the necessities - on a level i can understand that. But, it's so much like treating people like kids and saying they cannot be responsible. It's a poor message and indicative of how people here are viewed by above.

As most of us can have predicted, alcohol was available if you knew who to ask but at an inflated price. Hell, I paid 60php each for 24 cans of SM Light that the seller had just bought for 42php in the supermarket!

Ah... HK... sorry. When I wrote that last post, I wasn't even thinking about the alcohol ban. I was thinking and referring only to the stay-at-home and wear mask restrictions. For once, alcohol was not at the forefront of my mind!:ohmy:

It appears to me that many people just don't exercise good judgement or consideration about their own behaviour relative to the good and health of those around them? And that - in my opinion - is true here, in USA and at least parts of Europe. A guy (not wearing a mask) interviewed on the news on a California beach last night personified this with his comment something like, "Maybe it (the virus) will get me, maybe not. But until that, I am gonna live!" Apparently not a thought about anyone outside of his little universe who may die because of his self-centered attitude and actions? And he looked to be in his 50's or maybe older?

About the alcohol ban. I agree with your assessment. Part of it, that you did not mention, was that WHO or CDC, I forget which, listed risks associated with some behaviours and existing physical conditions. One was alcohol consumption...but the associated risk was minuscule - I don't have that data in front of me any more. Smoking was much greater, and so on with diabetes, hypertension...etc.

In another article somewhere, it was mentioned that the alcohol ban was partially - maybe just as an excuse (or alibi as they call them here?) - so that the governments could help reduce our morbidity and seriousness of illness? If so, it is a very thin and weak argument...

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I think you are wrong this time, Geoff... I think it is mostly complaints about the availability of alcohol!!!:shooter:

To be fair to Geoff, I was firing from both barrels - the lack of availability and the profiteering.  

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

There already missing the $ from tourists and OFW's, won't happen in my opinion, maybe just while this thing is still in a media frenzy. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

,"keep the counrty locked down and safe, there wont be a country at the end of the lock down"

Well I am not sure we need the words from anyone in an interview when the majority of Members here have been saying the same things for a while but then, who listens to us that have and will continue to live in the real world  :89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

who listens to us

Hear, hear my friend!

Hypocrisy and politics are world wide. :whistling: I always :hystery: when I hear our mayor say we need to extend our lock down. But it doesn't really affect him. His family owns a hospital, a medical collage, shopping centers here in Manila and Tagaytay. They live in an exclusive subdivision, brother is a congressman, sister a barangay counselor, His dad is a barangay captain, (but he has Alzheimer's and has not been seen for almost a year. Kids are in collage overseas. 

Bottom line is that we can be shut down until doomsday and his family would not be affected lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Yes, very credible and this comes from the DOH. Some may post shit, I don’t. 

Do you have a link? I can't find anything.

I also saw the same or similar info on Facebook yesterday and a commentator said it was fake news.  It was posted by a travel agency.

OFW - Free test and free room and board for 3-5 days until test comes back.

Others with Philhealth - p3500 but Philhealth will pay.  Pay for your own room for 3-5 days until test comes back.

All others - p3500 and get hotel for 3-5 days until test comes back.

After results, if negative go on your way.  If positive, do what they tell you.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Alcohol ban back on in Iloilo for the 3rd time!  

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

I believe it is up to the individual to verify things of import.

:shock_40_anim_gif: We do Scott when we have a  confirmed Statement of Fact to research/ verify and "not published yet" Rubish  :wink:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic