Lockdown end?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think it is even more important during these stressful times to make sure something is official before posting it.  Or, if you think it is highly likely to be true, give the reason why and add that the info is not yet official.  At the very least.

We have a neighborhood FB group and there were so many times that someone in the group shared FB stories about changing policies that turned out not to be true.  Now, if someone posts something that is not easy to validate, many people will jump on them to produce the source.  So much of this has evolved from the fact that there are people out there who deliberately make up and then post false information on FB.  They think it is fun to see the reactions and they probably sit in their parent's basements laughing away!

Yes, but we should still be able to post things based on what we have heard on the basis it is clearly stated as exactly that - something we have heard on the grapevine.  It's when something is posted as fact when it's no more than rumour where the trouble begins.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's when something is posted as fact when it's no more than rumour where the trouble begins.  

:89: Ah! now that is what is happening Yes? no substantiated fact as with the OP on this issue  :tiphat:

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes, but we should still be able to post things based on what we have heard on the basis it is clearly stated as exactly that - something we have heard on the grapevine.  It's when something is posted as fact when it's no more than rumour where the trouble begins.  

Most of us are able to search for additional info, its food for thought, the poster admitted it was not published.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Most of us are able to search for additional info, its food for thought, the poster admitted it was not published.

But, you don't know what you don't know so it can be helpful to get a heads up here even if it is not always reliable or correct.  I don't see any problem as long as false claims of authenticity are not made.   

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Is the topic here still Lockdown End? If so, I have a brief update on some conditions here in Davao City...

Several days ago L and I went out to do a shop. On the way returning home, there were two checkpoints operated by barangay people. The first one wanted to see FM pass (the one not wearing a mask with spittle flying as he spoke) and looked to be sure WE were wearing masks. All well and good and we were granted entry. Two blocks and two turns away there was another checkpoint with several guys hanging out - some wearing masks, some with them down on their chins. There was a spray painted sign on the new swing-up gate pole stating simply, "No Mask, no FM, no entry." They passed us through too.

Today we ventured forth again to the house site 17 kms away on the outskirts of Davao. The two barangay checkpoints were empty - even the make-shift rope barrier was gone at the one by the highway. There were still some old towels or rags on the road - presumably soaked with disinfectant for tires? We were also passed through a checkpoint going and coming through Mintal with barely a cursory glance by the soldier/police as we cruised slowly through.

So the point I am making is simply that the quarantine seems to be winding down a bit here. I have not been able to find any updates online regarding the GCQ status or future... but I will keep checking and post what I find here...

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Is the topic here still Lockdown End?

Depends how you look at it as the first post which this topic was created for had one question. But once asked the poster never came back so who cares.

"How does NCR look as regards quarantines that far out?"

:tongue:

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Our GCQ rules in Subic Freeport don't really change anything, we are still confined within our gates, we can only leave with a medical pass, medical emergency, or for international travel, under 21 and over 60 stay at home, need quarantine pass to leave home, this means I can't get rid of my guests or shop at the market, this is not good.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Our GCQ rules in Subic Freeport don't really change anything, we are still confined within our gates, we can only leave with a medical pass, medical emergency, or for international travel, under 21 and over 60 stay at home, need quarantine pass to leave home, this means I can't get rid of my guests or shop at the market, this is not good.

I think the only change I noticed is that they let more outsiders in.  We stay the same.  Idiotic.

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I think the only change I noticed is that they let more outsiders in.  We stay the same.  Idiotic.

Yes, and they inserted the over 60 rule which was absent from the MECQ document, we can also go swimming, only with a quarantine pass mind you. They’ve been checking IDs at harbor point, over 60 aren’t allowed, I asked them why they are checking ID if people over 60 are allowed out for essentials, he said the mall was not considered essential, only pure gold is allowed.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Yes, and they inserted the over 60 rule which was absent from the MECQ document, we can also go swimming, only with a quarantine pass mind you. They’ve been checking IDs at harbor point, over 60 aren’t allowed, I asked them why they are checking ID if people over 60 are allowed out for essentials, he said the mall was not considered essential, only pure gold is allowed.

Actually they realized they made a mistake and inserted the 60 rule in the MECQ a day or so late.

I haven't been checked yet.  I guess I look younger than my 63 years because I have a full head of hair with barely any gray.

Everyone is only allowed out for essentials.  Using their logic, those non-essential stores in the mall should be closed.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic