Lockdown end?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

we can also go swimming, only with a quarantine pass mind you.

Make sure you wear your mask while swimming, dont want a fine.  :tiphat:

• Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually they realized they made a mistake and inserted the 60 rule in the MECQ a day or so late.

I haven't been checked yet.  I guess I look younger than my 63 years because I have a full head of hair with barely any gray.

Everyone is only allowed out for essentials.  Using their logic, those non-essential stores in the mall should be closed.

Now this is interesting, the senior rule applies here in Bacolod. How ever never heard of it being enforced, the super markets have many seniors shopping and obviously they  need to pass the guard. The mask rule is enforced definitely not the over 60s.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Make sure you wear your mask while swimming, dont want a fine.  :tiphat:

How would that work while snorkeling. :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I just found this online a few moments ago:

https://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2020/05/davao-junks-smcs-plea-to-sell-alcoholic-drinks/

In an interview over Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5), Duterte said she received a letter from the company asking her to allow it to resume selling beers, which was halted when the local government imposed the ban nearly two months ago.

The mayor said that while she recognized the assistance of the conglomerate in the city’s food distribution efforts for the families affected by the outbreak, “unfortunately, our hands are tied” due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the city.

SMC, a food and beer giant, had donated chickens to the local government’s food relief efforts.

“We are very thankful for their help. You know what, we have distributed so many chickens that came from the donation of San Miguel Corporation. We are so thankful for your help but, unfortunately, our hands are tied,” she said.

With the extension of general community quarantine (GCQ) until June 15, Duterte said the 24/7 ban on liquor would remain in effect.

“But you can always consume it inside your house if you have remaining stocks there. It’s not prohibited when you drink it inside your house but you cannot buy and you cannot sell,” she said.

She said the local government opted to extend the liquor ban since there have been confirmed COVID-19-positive patients who have acquired the infection during drinking sessions.

“It would have been okay only if those people who are complaining have self-discipline, and they will not drink with other people but, unfortunately, we have a few cases in Agdao whose patient history indicated they had drinking session on these dates. So we are now looking for those people whom they had drinking session with because we need to screen, test, and put them in quarantine,” she said.

The Inter-Agency Task Force For the Management of Emerging Infections in the Philippines has extended the implementation of GCQ until June 15 in the cities of Davao and Zamboanga City.

In its Resolution 40 released on Thursday, the two cities are the only areas in Mindanao classified as “moderate risk” due to the increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases. The rest of Mindanao has been placed under a modified GCQ from June 1 to June 15, without prejudice to the declaration of localized enhanced community quarantine in critical areas.

The rest of Davao Region as well as the rest of Zamboanga Region have been placed under MGCQ.

Also under the MGCQ are Northern Mindanao, Soccsksargen, Caraga Region and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. (Antonio L. Colina IV/MindaNews)

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Now this is interesting, the senior rule applies here in Bacolod. How ever never heard of it being enforced, the super markets have many seniors shopping and obviously they  need to pass the guard. The mask rule is enforced definitely not the over 60s.

Here in Subic there was no enforcement of the 60 rule for the first few months and then there was an incident where an older guy was denied entry to Royal Duty Free.  This was publicized on social media and then it seems that more stores and the newly opened mall started checking age at the door.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

How would that work while snorkeling. :whistling:

Wear a snorkling mask (example snorkling mask show below) :hystery:

snorkling mask.jpg

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Wear a snorkling mask (example snorkling mask show below) :hystery:

snorkling mask.jpg

I'm so last decade, mine goes into the gob.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

I'm so last decade, mine goes into the gob.

Mine too but I wouldn’t mind trying one of the full face type.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Mine too but I wouldn’t mind trying one of the full face type.

There have been a few incidents of people drowning while using the new type of snorkeling mask, because of the mask (the type illustrated above). I won't be using it.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I have mine ready. It includes the optional USB rechargeable head lamp. :thumbsup:

diving-suit-helmet.jpg

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic