When Travel Reopens

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Today's news item re:  the eventual travel resumptions.

Not exactly encouraging if you are hoping to travel within the country or beyond in the near future.

https://www.panaynews.net/negocc-girds-for-airport-seaport-reopening/

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, roddavis said:

That's strange,I was able to take our favorite trip to Puerto Backyardia with no restrictions or quarantines!

About 42 images of guidelines here.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DOTrPH/posts/?ref=page_internal 

• Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

About 42 images of guidelines here.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DOTrPH/posts/?ref=page_internal 

There must be thousands employed producing government Facebook images daily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Before the quarantine public transportation in most areas of the Philippines was already pretty well maxed out.  People crowded into trains, standing in the aisle on buses, 20 or more people in a jeepney, 6-10 people on a tricycle, four and five on motorcycles.  The rules being promulgated would seem to reduce existing volumes of transportation by a minimum of 50%, but probably closer to 75?   Does anyone really expect this to work or is a series of rules that will be largely ignored and/or not enforced? :89:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Before the quarantine public transportation in most areas of the Philippines was already pretty well maxed out.  People crowded into trains, standing in the aisle on buses, 20 or more people in a jeepney, 6-10 people on a tricycle, four and five on motorcycles.  The rules being promulgated would seem to reduce existing volumes of transportation by a minimum of 50%, but probably closer to 75?   Does anyone really expect this to work or is a series of rules that will be largely ignored and/or not enforced? :89:

Nah, if they reduce to 50% capacity then it’ll just add more to the Pilipino time. Instead of always being 30 minutes late, it’ll now be 90 minutes (that’s Pinay math). 

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I'm sure the car companies are rubbing their hands with glee.

This sounds like the 'cash for clunkers' crap in Australia when they made it very hard and very expensive to keep an old car on the road as they were polluting the air and dangerous - never mind people like myself who had rebuilt a 60's car with all the best 1985 luxury model parts (that were still in use in many modern cars), fully rebuilt dyno tuned engine, best brakes and suspension that could be bought anywhere. New car companies made record sales, politicians were "supported", everyone except the people were happy.

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It'll be interesting what happens with the ideas of banning smoke beltching Jeepneys or as has been said about 4 times now banning gasoline tricycles on Boracay. I think it's the 4th life line they've had so far due to natural disasters.  Very few operators will now have the money to upgrade.

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It'll be interesting what happens with the ideas of banning smoke beltching Jeepneys or as has been said about 4 times now banning gasoline tricycles on Boracay. I think it's the 4th life line they've had so far due to natural disasters.  Very few operators will now have the money to upgrade.

Or they could just enforce the pollution laws they have. Many trucks, buses and jeepneys belch black smoke which is just laziness as it's a few hundred peso at worst (spark plugs, that can often be cleaned and reset a couple of times) and a couple of minor adjustments to a few screws to fix. White smoke is a different problem though, that's oil burning and required an engine rebuild - on the white smoke issue I'd like to say I do think the 2 stroke trikes need to be forced to upgrade.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Or they could just enforce the pollution laws they have. Many trucks, buses and jeepneys belch black smoke which is just laziness as it's a few hundred peso at worst (spark plugs, that can often be cleaned and reset a couple of times) and a couple of minor adjustments to a few screws to fix. White smoke is a different problem though, that's oil burning and required an engine rebuild - on the white smoke issue I'd like to say I do think the 2 stroke trikes need to be forced to upgrade.

I think you're mixing your colours up.  White is moisture, usually head gasket, black is hydro carbon from incorrect fuel mixture, plugs, injectors etc and bluish is burning oil.  All tricycles I've seen are 4 stroke mainly Honda or Kawasaki. The Jeepneys are so old they'd struggle even fully tuned to meet current emission regulations.

• Like 1