Darn mosquitos.......Dengue

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Been laid up in bed with a virus like flu and got a rash on my legs, It was worse than the dengue I had in March. Went to the hospital for test and my platelet count was down

(dengue) I feel a little better though the rash is still there and my platelet count is almost back to normal. Just to say drink lots of water and take vitamin C.

Not sure this helped but having heard, Take papaya leaves, taste bloody awful.

Hope you recover quickly from the Dengue and needless to say stay safe until you do completely recover. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I like everything I've heard/seen from Dengue Fever (the band). They have several music videos.

Tried to educate my neighbors on the importance of eliminating standing water which mosquitoes grow in. Failed miserably.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

If I'm reading this topic right Jim, you have had the fever for a second time?

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days :89:

Here's a sugestion to stop the little bug***s, it also helps to keep the population down too!

Go to bed in a bee-keepers suit. :thumbsup: Get well soon.

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Kuya John said:

If I'm reading this topic right Jim, you have had the fever for a second time?

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days :89:

Here's a sugestion to stop the little bug***s, it also helps to keep the population down too!

Go to bed in a bee-keepers suit. :thumbsup: Get well soon.

Thanks John, thinking of relocating back to England had enough of this dengue nonsense. It's a hot-spot for for dengue where we live and it's the day time mossie that carries the virus. Eve's made me some pajamas to wear, not sure if I look like I just escaped from an institute. Anyways, take care you and ludy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Apparently here on Boracay we are getting to the end of mosquito season.  Two to three months ago it was crazy.  Mosquitoes everywhere, recently I'm only seeing one or two every other day.

I made the mistake twice of going to a little cafe near the beach when they were at their worst and never realised.  The first time when I got home my legs flared up and I counted a good 20 bites that took about 4 days for the itching to go.  It was driving me crazy.  The second time I was in the cafe I just happened to look down at me feet and there was a cloud of mosquitoes. This time my whole legs were covered in bites.  Pure torture for about 5 days.  I found a different cafe after that. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Snowy & Jim, have you guys tried using an insecticide? Is there is a safe effective lotion you can apply to exposed areas?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Snowy & Jim, have you guys tried using an insecticide? Is there is a safe effective lotion you can apply to exposed areas?

Seems they Both Have the Problem during this season. they Both live Near Water :89: Just a Thought here :wink:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems they Both Have the Problem during this season. they Both live Near Water :89: Just a Thought here :wink:

True, but the question remains would a repellent help? 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Off seams to work.  I live away from water. Top floor condo on the top of a hill with no stagnant water and landscaped gardens,  the cafe is on the beach and again no stagnant water. These ones obviously get around a bit and it is the black and white ones that only bite during the day. No problem with other types. There are wetlands on the island that the DENR have been returning to nature which could be a breeding ground. They could stock them with fish which would last a week . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Off seams to work.  I live away from water. Top floor condo on the top of a hill with no stagnant water and landscaped gardens,  the cafe is on the beach and again no stagnant water. These ones obviously get around a bit and it is the black and white ones that only bite during the day. No problem with other types. There are wetlands on the island that the DENR have been returning to nature which could be a breeding ground. They could stock them with fish which would last a week . 

You feed the misquotes at the restaurant they feed the fish that you then return to eat at the restaurant.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3